In case anyone needs further proof of where our great country is going...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well yeah it’s now concealable so very much more dangerous. I heard they are making fully plastic ones that you can get past a metal detector on the airport.
Must be those evil and violent 3D printers........dang things are taking over the world, just like all those violent guns that keep going berserk.

TheGDog

WKR
I guess no father of the year award for me since this was last week. Oh durn....

Eddie

P.S. And IMHO, it does not matter if it was a Walmart policy (which I suspect) or a city ordinance, the fact it exists is the problem.

Well... here in "The OC"... people tend to associate "Flat-billers" (as they call 'em) with the disruptive 909 Trash that descends upon Huntington Beach in the Summer when the Inland Empire region starts to get too hot and they make the trip to visit the beaches here.

While I prefer the more fitted caps... since needing glasses now, I have come to appreciate one facet of flat-bills though.... they allow you to pull your brim down the closest to your eyeglass frames when you're needing to do so to provide shading/protection to your eyes when you're facing the setting sun. Interestingly 5.11 Tactical makes what they call Range-Ready caps where even though they have a fitted style of brim, it's engineered in such a way that they've given enough space below the brim to facilitate eye-pro so it's not getting pushed upon by the outer edges of the brim and thus being held upwards too high to actually provide proper shading.

OP
E

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Now I know on the ole FB's. Thanks for schooling me.

My son wore a dress a few days ago and now we know he really wants to be a girl and was clearly born into the wrong body so he'll be full on trans by close of 2021.

That makes me a great parent, right? I mean, I'm attuned to my son's needs and just because it's a forever change should not alter my decision since he said that's what he wants. :D

Eddie

P.S. While I'm not triggered by a FB on a 12 year old, I'm seriously triggered by a guy well into adulthood that still wears their ball cap backwards like they did in high school.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Just imagine what the next generation will spawn.

Nevermind, it will likely be face coverings.
I don't know man, probably a worse generation of kids than the generation before it, just like every generation has done for time and eternity.

My 12 year old son gave me this for Father's Day.

He could not buy it as you need to be 18 (or 21) so his Mom had to buy it.

Jesus, we are in such trouble.

Eddie
probably says tactical on the label somewhere.... we are in trouble. i'm far from a conspiracy theory guy, but a lot of things i have been seeing is beyond scary.

i'm having a hard time envisioning how the USA will remain the super power on our current trajectory..... look at much of the up and comers, and with their values, who is going to fight for our country? the pale skinned hipster in skinny jeans waving the big BLM sign at a busy intersection on Saturday (or any other day because a job is a burden)

it's been getting crazy, and the last year + has been very accelerated in that direction.... i cannot understand why our current society is encouraging what they are.... maybe it will all work out, but i don't see how.

KBC

WKR
The pendulum will swing. There is a growing movement of Manly Men doing Manly things.

Edit: I prefer a flatter brim but I'm Manly enough to admit it. Get triggered snowflake... ;)

ODB

WKR
Life is so easy in America that we actually have to manufacture problems to give us something to do.

Go visit any struggling country, or talk to a refugee from one of those countries and that’s essentially what you’ll learn. Our relative affluence has bored us to tears and there are few options left other than to tear ourselves apart, just to try to gain some semblance of feeling alive through conflict.

So are you saying "even your 12 year old knows that we're digging our own graves"?

This is where our country is going......and fast.

View attachment 300565

Because we are allowing it. We can stop it, we just have to be willing to give up a few luxuries for a short time first...

Life is so easy in America that we actually have to manufacture problems to give us something to do.

Go visit any struggling country, or talk to a refugee from one of those countries and that’s essentially what you’ll learn. Our relative affluence has bored us to tears and there are few options left other than to tear ourselves apart, just to try to gain some semblance of feeling alive through conflict.

True. Some people have no idea, but they will learn shortly.

Reactions: ODB

260madman

WKR
I bought pellets for my pellet pistol, BBs for daughters BB gun and slingshot ammo at Walmart back in December. I was carded for every piece. I asked why and the lady said it’s ammo. It doesn’t go boom so it’s not ammo. She gave me the shittiest dirtiest look. She said IT’S AMMO! LOL. Bless your heart and on my way I went.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I agree it sounds ridiculous, but it probably isn't the end of the world. Just for grins it might be a good idea to find out why they're requiring him to be 18, then complain. A lot of things sound stupid (and many are) until we know the reasoning.