In need of a comfortable sleeping pad.

MWB

FNG
I sleep on my side and wake with sore hips or shoulders . Always restless nights in the mountains. I have a light weight air pad and was thinking of combining this with a short piece of foam of some type. Memory foam is great at home but its heavy. Any ideas?

kumplocke

FNG
I'm 6'6" 260 and I have found that the Big Agnes air core ultra really helps with the hip pain. Its a little on the heavy side but is the first pad I have found that keeps me off the ground.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Norm555

WKR
I'm a big fan of the Big Agnes Q Core SLX. I went in to REI and tried laying on all of the pads they had hanging up to decide on the most comfortable option.

curt514

FNG
Sea to Summit Eather lite XT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a 6'1" / 220 side sleeper and really like my Nemo Tensor Field as far as comfort and warmth goes, but the PU coating on the underside can make lots of racket on certain surfaces. Fine in my Nemo tent but horrible in the family car camping rig and pretty loud on the Nemo foam pad too. Probably worth the tradeoff for the added durability but that depends on how well you sleep. Stability is awesome and I run it way low on air pressure for full-body support.

FWIW, my next pad wil be the regular Tensor...no coating and the newer valve & pumpsack look way faster than the old style on the field version.

My wife has the Klymit Static-V and there is much less support available for side sleepers.

SonnyDay

WKR
I run Sea to Summit Ultralite Insulated on top of a basic ridge rest-type closed cell foam pad. Revolutionary... it's as comfortable as my Tempur-Pedic at home. I also grabbed one of their inflatable pillows a few years back and I am sold!

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a side/stomach sleeper as well and I've been using the Nemo Tensor insulated regular/wide for several trips lately. I've been pretty pleased with it. Plenty of cushion and no hip/side pain in the morning.

mlgc20

WKR
Some good pads already mentioned above. Another vote for the Big Agnes Q Core SLX. Most comfortable pad I own. I will add that almost every pad is more comfortable if it is slightly under inflated. What I do is inflate to full capacity. Then lay on the pad, and let out about 1-2 seconds worth of air. Makes it much more forgiving and less like a bouncy pool float.

SonnyDay

WKR
I am a side sleeper as well, and have definitely had the shoulder/hip soreness before I hit upon the above setup I mentioned... Also: it is super lightweight...

lak2004

WKR
Check out all that exped had to offer and read up on some of them in the backpacking section.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Big Agnes Q core deluxe, I’m a side sleeper too and my hip pain is not present with this pad. It’s a little heavier then some light weight stuff but I’d rather carry more weight and sleep well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwpepper

FNG
I run the Nemo Tensor Field and love the pad. Also a side sleeper. Also noticed some sound with it as well too though, especially on a cot. Not a big deal alone, but when sharing a camp you keep you keep your camp mates up. The coating is a nice trade off, but hopeful for an alternative someday. Following.