in need of kuiu 34 attack HELP

moxiejh

FNG
hey just looking for some help locating some vias camo attack pants in 34. o have 2 pair on order but wont be here untill late fall. anyone with a spare pair or want to sell some your not using i would love to buy. also would but the zip 185 crew shirt as well. please help if you can!!!

sk1

WKR
good luck, i've been on pre-order since may 1st for a size 34 attack pant....broke down and bought the sitka ascent pants as my hunt starts in 4 days

An equal or even better option to the 185 is the First Lite Llano top... There should be no difference other than the camo options available and I think the FL is better quality merino than the KUIU... Could be wrong, but I am sure you would enjoy the FL just as much.

KMT

WKR
Smartwool is a pretty good alternative for the 185 weight shirt. I use it as an under layer only, so camo isn't really a concern. I have used it for years and have never had a problem with shrinkage, even when using a clothes dryer. I see a lot of people trying to get the kuiu garments with very little luck. It appears to be a very poorly run company.

littlebuf

Banned
Just get some sitka ascent pants.now tha kuiu is the only thing you can kill an animal in there real easy to find and great early season pants.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I see a lot of people trying to get the kuiu garments with very little luck. It appears to be a very poorly run company.

Or, it is a company that doesn't want to cut corners on production, and the quality is so high, that the demand far exceeds supply.

I am very happy with my Kuiu products. Fit and finish is excellent.

Although I like my Kuiu Attack pants much better than my Sitka Ascents, the Ascents are decent performers and readily available.

dotman

WKR
Funny, if people can plan accordinly and not last minute shop there is mo problem. I have had no issues and like that there is no middle man markup. As with everything sometimes you can do everything correctly and it still doesn't work out.

Last minute shoppers should also stay awayfrom kifaru :)

Last edited:
Kuiu seems to be well run and puts out a great product. They are like any other growing business that goes through growing pains as sales increase quickly. If you go with that logic most optics companies such as Vortex are poorly run because they can not keep up with a sudden spike in demand. If a company makes an excellent product with great customer service and you can wait for a new shipment than it is worth the wait.

sk1

WKR
Funny, if people can plan accordinly and not last minute shop there is mo problem. I have had no issues and like thatthere is no middle man markup.

kuiu is not the norm. people today myself included are used to being able to buy most things whenever they want them. I wouldn't sit there giving everyone a hard time because they didn't order hunting clothes for this season last january...maybe you do that, and that's awesome you will most likely never have our issue. However I don't consider May 1st last minute when I ordered most of my stuff, I consider that about average time to plan ahead 3 and 1/2 months....hardly last minute.

I have no issues with kuiu and their wait times, yes a little frustrating, but if that's what it takes to get quality gear I wish more companies would be like them...but unless familiar with kuiu, the quality they produce, and the high demand, how could you possibly know to order in January or last year? you wouldnt.

I will enjoy my attack pants in the late season and I'm ok with that, still excited to see them when they get here....oh and now that I am familiar with kuiu, you're right i will order my stuff 6 months ahead of time.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
kuiu is not the norm. people today myself included are used to being able to buy most things whenever they want them. I wouldn't sit there giving everyone a hard time because they didn't order hunting clothes for this season last january...maybe you do that, and that's awesome you will most likely never have our issue. However I don't consider May 1st last minute when I ordered most of my stuff, I consider that about average time to plan ahead 3 and 1/2 months....hardly last minute.

I have no issues with kuiu and their wait times, yes a little frustrating, but if that's what it takes to get quality gear I wish more companies would be like them...but unless familiar with kuiu, the quality they produce, and the high demand, how could you possibly know to order in January or last hunting season? you wouldnt.

I will enjoy my attack pants in the late season and I'm ok with that, still excited to see them when they get here....oh and now that I am familiar with kuiu, you're right i will order my stuff 6 months ahead of time.

I pretty much meant plan more then a month in advance, I didn't start buying their stuff until May and have boughtaomething in June, July and August. All of which have arrived but if it hadn't I would be ok. The last item i'm not even sure I will use this season.

dotman

WKR
I also think it is great that such a young company is havening this issue :) I think they sold out of their original inventory planned for the year in the first quarter, hard to plan for sales to increase so much.

OP
M

moxiejh

FNG
no question i should have planned ahead but i thought 3 months would be enough time lol!! i bought the first lite stuff and i actually like my sitka gear better! just wore the fl asat around the house but the top felt a little itchy and a bit hot. kuiu is a great company and customer service has been honost and helpful no issue there i just wanted to check if there was someone out there that had extra enought to get me by until i get mine later this fall! thanks guys for the response

bobhunts

WKR
I have been buying there stuff for over a year. It is a problem getting the stuff as they never have it when you need it. I think they have what you are talking about now. Just give them a call. 1-855-367-5848. They are having a sale right now on some stuff.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
KMT, pretty bold statement about Kuiu. I am going out on a limb and thinking you don't know any of the employees or understand where they buy and have there products made. I know the owner personally and he is a pretty damn good business man. Don't forget the back up pants that people are recommending in the Sitka Ascent pants were part of his original creation as he was a co-founder in Sitka. Sometimes production and materials don't fall on a exact time line. Kuiu also doesn't make 1000 pair of anything and push them out to dozens of stores to sell retail either. I am surprised this is an issue any more, Kuiu has been a 3 to 4 month wait on most of their clothes for some time, so I thought people would be used to it by now.

On a side note, Aron had just used the Kryptek pants and had nothing but good things to say about them if you wanted to try them out as a back up plan.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kuiu is great stuff, worth the wait, and the necessary planning ahead.

I have seen some of their stuff showing up on ebay. Keep checking there on a regular basis.

I doubt KMT will go with the Kryptek since he gave them a D- on another thread. Maybe he should also research KUIU a little more before opening his mouth

Califhuntn

Lil-Rokslider
3-4 month wait to buy clothes is unacceptable. Your not buying custom made clothes. Maybe we are spoiled nowadays but placing an order for clothing on September 1 for a hunt 7 weeks away should be doable.