In-Pack organization

Dsmiley49

FNG
What's everybody like to use for organizing everything? I'm looking for some smaller pouches or bags each house separate functions.
I.e. kill kit, med kit, flashlights and multi tools, etc.

Weight of bag is of consideration but quality of costruction/materials trumps a few ounces of weight savings.

What do you run and why?

JMDavies

WKR
I use inexpensive pouches to organize the kits that are housed in my pack. I have Kifaru packs so I use Kifaru pouches for external storage. The size of each depends on what I'm putting in it.

Kifaru pull outs....

+1 for this, although other shops make them. I have a few of the light weight and regular ones that I mix and match. I also mix in some Silnylon stuff sacks from Jimmy tarps of various sizes.

Here is my general packing scheme for a couple of days or more.

- Depending on what pack I am using, I will pack my most used items or stuff I need quickly in the top and outside pockets.
- sleep gear in the bottom in a compression sack
- kill kit in a kifaru pullout
- cook gear in a stuff sack or mesh bag
- food in a stuff sack or pull out that make it easy to hang.
- extra clothes in a stuff sack or compression bag
- small stuff I want organized in OR pouch like med kit, batteries and chargers, hygiene etc
- possibles bag of everything else in a stuff sack or pull out
- pull outs for things I want separated by function

A couple of things, I learned is don’t go apeshit with them. There is a slight weight penalty but in reality, my gear gets divided into stuff I really like segmented and organized and stuff I just need to have along. All the have along stuff is rolling around together in the possibles pouch. Also, I wouldn’t waste $ on dyneema pouches. I bought a few and they are fine but the weight savings is limited and doesn’t justify the cost IMO.

JustinEllison

Lil-Rokslider
I organize all my stuff by use for example:
kill kit, possibles pouch, all my clothing, etc..

I make my own pull outs identical to kifaru, I seam seal it all and use a ykk waterproof zipper, it’s highly highly water resistant
I make my own pull outs identical to kifaru, I seam seal it all and use a ykk waterproof zipper, it’s highly highly water resistant. if your interested I can send you pictures.

OP
Dsmiley49

Dsmiley49

FNG
I just bought a 5 pack of the zip pouches from VIAM. We will see how they work! Thanks everybody

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a few of the FHF synergy organizers - they looks pretty solid, looking forward to trying them out.

D wine

FNG
I’ve used a few of the kuiu pouch and stuff sacks for a few years now they are light weight. So far no issues.

I've got a few Mystery Ranch zoid (?) bags in different sizes for kill kit, possibles pouch, and oh shit kit. Food, extra clothing (if any), cook gear goes in a dry bag until camp is set.

Cheap nylon sacks from Walmart for snacks, kill kit, and emergency gear, and zip locks for rain poncho and puffy coat.

I like the kuiu dry bags because they can clip near the frame, anything else gets put in ziplocks!