In-Pack organization

A few exo stash pockets for med kit and kill kit and then just zip locks. They weigh almost nothing and I just replace them whenever they start getting old/ragged looking so they don't fail.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a few Mystery Ranch zoid (?) bags in different sizes for kill kit, possibles pouch, and oh shit kit. Food, extra clothing (if any), cook gear goes in a dry bag until camp is set.
How do you like the zoid bags? I’m thinking about getting some in a few different sizes. I like the idea of having one that buckles into the bag and doesn’t end up moving around in the bag.

How do you like the zoid bags? I’m thinking about getting some in a few different sizes. I like the idea of having one that buckles into the bag and doesn’t end up moving around in the bag.
I like them plenty. They do what they’re supposed to do anyway. If I found a cheaper option I’m sure I’d go that route but at $10/ea it’s not the worst thing I’ve spent money on.

Kifaru pullouts, cheap Walmart roll top bags, UL stuff sacks from other gear I’ve purchased, and zip lock bags for my organization needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
granite gear zip bags for around $16 for 4 plus a mesh storage bag so really 5 bags and OR zip bags work great also . For larger gear I have a few pullouts for food and layers to stay dry

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I use two Exo stash pockets and one zip lock. Everything else can be organised well enough. My kill kit is placed inside a game bag, then rolled up with the rest of my game bags, my stove fits inside my pot, Etc.

I once wanted a pocket or pouch for everything, but I have found packing is easier without them. It also helped to stop carrying a bunch of stuff and make my kit simpler.

How about for weight distribution? Do you guys find it better to put the heavier things at the bottom of the pack? middle? towards the top? what kind of weight distribution do you guys find easier/better for you?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
How about for weight distribution? Do you guys find it better to put the heavier things at the bottom of the pack? middle? towards the top? what kind of weight distribution do you guys find easier/better for you?

Light stuff on bottom (sleeping bag, tent, Etc.). Heavy in the middle. Midweight (food, jacket, Etc.) on top.

Not sure if correct, but I try to keep the weight centered on my back with the balance point of the pack at the bottom of my shoulder blades give or take several inches.

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Black Ovis OCD sacks. Super light, and go through camofire all the time. Only ran them for two years so far, but they have seen some use. No issues with them yet.

Luked

WKR
I have some of the Viam and a couple from Kifaru.
They both work well.

I’ve had great luck with the sea to summit roll top dry bags. Each kit is a different color bag so it’s easy to tell what is what.