in search of good RELIABLE cellular trail cam

pomorski

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have a very experience with a cellular trail cam? Ive tried three. 1 moultree and 2 spypoint. All bad experiences. The Moultrie I took it out of the box and got it set up and then it wouldn’t turn on after that initial setup. Returned it and it was the last one so i bought a spypoint. After one day the battery was down to less than 50% and the photos were not uploading. So I returned that and bought the spy point with the solar panel on it (link-s). Everything worked great besides that the photos that were uploaded to my phone were of garbage quality. So if anybody has some good recommendations that would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Covert Blackhawk LTE seems reliable. My buddy in Ohio has used them for two years. I saw first hand last week. And you can find them on ebay for 270.00 right now.

OP
pomorski

pomorski

Lil-Rokslider
Covert Blackhawk LTE seems reliable. My buddy in Ohio has used them for two years. I saw first hand last week. And you can find them on ebay for 270.00 right now.

How is the image quality of the uplods?

KHNC

WKR
Really good in daytime. Pretty decent at night.

Attachments

• Ohio3.png
    Ohio3.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 26

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody have a very experience with a cellular trail cam? Ive tried three. 1 moultree and 2 spypoint. All bad experiences. The Moultrie I took it out of the box and got it set up and then it wouldn’t turn on after that initial setup. Returned it and it was the last one so i bought a spypoint. After one day the battery was down to less than 50% and the photos were not uploading. So I returned that and bought the spy point with the solar panel on it (link-s). Everything worked great besides that the photos that were uploaded to my phone were of garbage quality. So if anybody has some good recommendations that would be great!

right up to the day some thief packed in a set of bolt cutters to steal mine, I absolutely loved it. Review here:

OP
pomorski

pomorski

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info folks, anyone else have one they love?

sneaky

"DADDY"
How is the image quality of the uplods?

You aren't going to get framing quality photos from any cell camera via upload. You are expecting too much. With that said, I've ran Covert cell cams for years and have never had any complaints with them, other than punks stealing a couple. Too bad for them, they're password protected and they don't have the remotes and I reported them stolen in case they tried to use them again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
pomorski

pomorski

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone else with the same questions i had should go ahead and buy covert. I have been having great luck with it and i love it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.