In the rear with the gear

GotDraw?

WKR
My Congressman had the nerve to send a poll asking if we should send weapons or nothing to the Ukraine. I had to respond by sending a letter to the editor of The Washington Post. We'll see if it gets published. As sent:

Today, as the Ukraine fights for sovereignty, Congressman Steny Hoyer mustered the courage to fire off a hand-wringing poll to his constituents asking what to do.

Our first-world leaders stand castrated and cowed. Rank and file politicians, too comfortable with the status quo, too afraid for their own popularity, send polls to make difficult decisions. Europeans sit at home warmed by Russian gas, afraid to get cold or miss a happy meal. The American press frets gasoline prices. Bring me world leaders willing to sit with Ukrainians in bomb shelters facing death, leaders who remember battle and sacrifice to save others. Leaders that embrace tough decisions, knowing there’s no guarantee of popularity in the face of brutality.

Hoyer squanders the opportunity to stand proudly on the shoulders of Churchill and great leaders to recall past lessons of tyranny and to act. Instead, he cowers behind the American flag and freedoms heroes died for, bravely sending polls.

Own your shame, Congressman, throw in your towel, send body bags and a poll to the Ukraine. You and your political brethren have abandoned them, battling like old men only brave enough to wave sanctions in the face of mass murder

Ope

FNG
So you're mad that a public servant asked for public opinion? His job is to do what the people want right? If he did what he wanted, even if he personally considered it to be morally right, wouldn't that make him a tyrant as well? Honest question

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Were you this passionate about every other conflict around the world over the past ~ 20 years? Serious question, seems strange that people are up in arms over Ukraine but largely silent on other conflicts. Why do you suppose that is? Oh right, it’s because the news told us to care.

The United States has a long history of arming people over much less substantial purposes.

I'm all for sending the Ukrainians weapons.

And I don't give a shit what the media says.

Ucsdryder

WKR
If I was in Congress I'd demand that we secure our own borders before trying to help any other country secure theirs. Biden has been absolutely transparent that his policy is "America last".
Are you trying to make a comparison between Ukraine and the immigration issues from Mexico? Because you are, and it’s ignorant at best and disgusting at worst.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are you trying to make a comparison between Ukraine and the immigration issues from Mexico? Because you are, and it’s ignorant at best and disgusting at worst.
You really think that a sovereign nation securing their borders is disgusting???????????????? Invasions from unauthorized people are still invasions, especially given the numbers we're talking about here.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
You really think that a sovereign nation securing their borders is disgusting???????????????? Invasions from unauthorized people are still invations, especially given the numbers we're talking about here.
Nope, I think that’s great. I think COMPARING, which is what you did, what’s happening on Ukraine to our border issues is disgusting.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm not comparing anything. We NEED to secure our borders period. First things first. Securing our borders has nothing to do with Ukraine........until this administration intentionally neglects their own country while supporting other nations (regardless who those nations are......and they are many). You notice that I never mentioned "Ukraine" in my original post.......I said "any other nation". That's what's disgusting, and always has been......even before Russia invaded Ukraine's borders. Which by the way was totally preventable.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
I'm with @5MilesBack. Get our own house in order first. Let Europe handle this. They talk about a "huge refugee problem" in Poland and Europe. 2.5 million!

We had 154k come into our country illegally in January of 2022 alone. On average CBP is encountering 3,000+ PER DAY. They're gaslighting this by using the Ukraine War while ignoring the real problem here at home.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Were you this passionate about every other conflict around the world over the past ~ 20 years? Serious question, seems strange that people are up in arms over Ukraine but largely silent on other conflicts. Why do you suppose that is? Oh right, it’s because the news told us to care.
There's a significant difference between this conflict and many of the others, besides the media portrayal. Ukrainians are staying to fight for their own country, no matter the cost. How many other conflicts can you say that about? Think about the Ukrainians response compared to say Afghanistan's response to the taliban.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There's a significant difference between this conflict and many of the others, besides the media portrayal. Ukrainians are staying to fight for their own country, no matter the cost. How many other conflicts can you say that about? Think about the Ukrainians response compared to say Afghanistan's response to the taliban.

Many Ukrainians are leaving too. I think you can say that’s bout early every single conflict. Some stay and fight, some leave.

bsnedeker

WKR
Think about the Ukrainians response compared to say Afghanistan's response to the taliban.

Lol....no, but they had that response when we invaded them and when Russia invaded them before that. It's almost like they know who they want running their own country!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Russia need to be kept in check.

I hope the Ukrainians can push the Ruskies back into their own neighborhood.

I am not against sending weapons for them to take the fight to an adversary of the USA. It is in Americas interest for Ukraine to be friendly with the west in the same way it is in Americas interest for our border to be secured.

I won't go and fight there and I wouldn't vote to send any of our boys either.

To me it’s when not if our boys are pulling triggers. If we don’t stop Putin here we’ll be battling him on NATO territory in 10 years or less. I predicted this would happen in 2014. Hope to God I’m wrong.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
To me it’s when not if our boys are pulling triggers. If we don’t stop Putin here we’ll be battling him on NATO territory in 10 years or less. I predicted this would happen in 2014. Hope to God I’m wrong.
OK, but how are "we" going to stop him? The only way that happens is if we go in with air power, and now we're in a full blown shooting war. Over what? You need to understand what Russia sees. Look at this map:
russia.jpeg

Russia has always had a buffer between them and Europe. That buffer was in the form of the Warsaw Pact until it dissolved in 1991. To get to Russia you had to go through another country. After seeing what Hitler attempted to do, the Russians have vowed to never let it happen again. Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, and Moldova kept the European empires off of Russia's borders. The Black Sea separated them from Turkey and Greece. When Ukraine separated in 1991 they were to take on a role similar to Finland. Then, over the years they decide that they're going to try and join the EU. The final straw was when they decided that they're going to join NATO. Now Russia has a non-friendly on their border. Putin - along with the Russian people - are not going to allow it. There are still Russians alive who fought the Nazis. They still remember.

So back to my question: So how are you going to stop them? Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania are all part of NATO now, so Putin is not going to go after them. The Ukraine? Different story. We're on reel 3 of this 4 reel movie and everyone knows how it's going to end.

When you force someone's hand (like the West did with talks of Ukraine joining NATO), they're going to push back. Why do you think that we have always agreed with "The One-China Agreement"? Because the moment you declare that Taiwan is an independent country, China is coming. They're coming anyways, it's just a matter of not getting sucked into a war on two fronts.

AZ8

WKR
OK, but how are "we" going to stop him? The only way that happens is if we go in with air power, and now we're in a full blown shooting war. Over what? You need to understand what Russia sees. Look at this map:
View attachment 390090

Russia has always had a buffer between them and Europe. That buffer was in the form of the Warsaw Pact until it dissolved in 1991. To get to Russia you had to go through another country. After seeing what Hitler attempted to do, the Russians have vowed to never let it happen again. Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, and Moldova kept the European empires off of Russia's borders. The Black Sea separated them from Turkey and Greece. When Ukraine separated in 1991 they were to take on a role similar to Finland. Then, over the years they decide that they're going to try and join the EU. The final straw was when they decided that they're going to join NATO. Now Russia has a non-friendly on their border. Putin - along with the Russian people - are not going to allow it. There are still Russians alive who fought the Nazis. They still remember.

So back to my question: So how are you going to stop them? Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania are all part of NATO now, so Putin is not going to go after them. The Ukraine? Different story. We're on reel 3 of this 4 reel movie and everyone knows how it's going to end.

When you force someone's hand (like the West did with talks of Ukraine joining NATO), they're going to push back. Why do you think that we have always agreed with "The One-China Agreement"? Because the moment you declare that Taiwan is an independent country, China is coming. They're coming anyways, it's just a matter of not getting sucked into a war on two fronts.
Finally someone shows the other side. It appears many in the West having fallen to Wag the Dog.

Why the 180 on news coverage?

80240BF3-ED25-4DB9-A69E-E95F576A7FDC.png