In the Spirit of a Good Hunt, By Linda Egbuna

Tie between Black Rifle Coffee Company Freedom Fuel and good ole Starbucks Breakfast blend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Starbucks seems really popular over there...never even heard of the Black Rifle Coffee company..I'll see if they have any branch office close to me. Hope your day is great so far.

Very nice. Glad to read your perspective. I’m headed to Kenya this year, of course not to hunt since it’s been closed there since 1977, but to travel on some of the same roads and ranges that were once major hunting destinations. Am looking forward to finally setting foot in Africa.

Welcome, and look forward to more!
Thank you...I feel very much welcomed here. I'm glad you enjoyed the read. And yes, Kenya more than most other African countries battles with preservation of wildlife from extinction hence the ban on hunting.. when do you plan on making the trip?

ODB

WKR
Thank you...I feel very much welcomed here. I'm glad you enjoyed the read. And yes, Kenya more than most other African countries battles with preservation of wildlife from extinction hence the ban on hunting.. when do you plan on making the trip?

I will be there end of April/beginning of May, so it should be very green in general. Will spend most of the time in the old “Northern Frontier District,” samburu, Meru, etc. But of course in and around Mt. Kenya. Yes, for a country that has banned hunting in an effort to “save” animals, they sure have suffered in the last 40+ years...

Trial153

WKR
Thank you for such a warm welcome...that too from a fellow black coffee lover... I'm so excited to be here. It really is amazing...the traits we share when we quit pointing out our differences. Hope your day is going great..
Linda,
Is is there any movement or political will to lift the hunting ban in Kenya?

Linda,
Is is there any movement or political will to lift the hunting ban in Kenya?
Currently in Kenya, the Wildlife Services are focusing a lot more on native poachers to better preserve wildlife. Botswana has lifted the ban on elephant hunting and the tides are beginning to shift in Kenya... but it's not time to celebrate yet.

I will be there end of April/beginning of May, so it should be very green in general. Will spend most of the time in the old “Northern Frontier District,” samburu, Meru, etc. But of course in and around Mt. Kenya. Yes, for a country that has banned hunting in an effort to “save” animals, they sure have suffered in the last 40+ years...

I might be in Kenya for a conference around April myself but my plans aren't super clear right now. Will certainly let you know if things work out on my end..on another note, the hunting ban situation is gradually 'looking up' in Kenya..*fingers crossed*

Reactions: ODB
"The soul of a good hunt becomes almost tangible as we approach nature in this way."
Indeed

Thank you for writing and sharing. Hopefully your writings will reach a broad audience of hunters and non-hunters so that we can all understand each other a little better.

"The soul of a good hunt becomes almost tangible as we approach nature in this way."
Indeed

Thank you for writing and sharing. Hopefully your writings will reach a broad audience of hunters and non-hunters so that we can all understand each other a little better.
You're most welcome!!! I too hope that hunters and non-hunters alike would understand each other a little better through these writings...without "understanding", how else do we share life with each other?

Nice story and great to have perspective from someone who lives across the pond. Been hunting in Africa 6 times so far. Once you get the dirt on your boots you're in trouble.
Thank you, this means a lot. You've hunted in Africa for six whole times??? Wow! Which parts?