Inconsistent tear with hand held release

Spence14

WKR
This ^^^^. It looks like your release and release hand are pulling at a 30 degree'ish angle away from your nock point towards your ear.
I agree. I tend to get a different tear when I get the release to vertical on my face. I'd flatten it out and let the back muscles help you finish towards your release hand shoulder.

I agree. I tend to get a different tear when I get the release to vertical on my face. I'd flatten it out and let the back muscles help you finish towards your release hand shoulder.

I agree 100%. I shoot a silverback and a bad habit of mine is my release being too vertical and therefore causing twisting of my string at full draw (albeit slightly but noticeable). The more flat my hand is, the more my back is engaged, there is far less chance of adding facial pressure, and there is far less tension between my elbow and release allowing for a clean pull through the shot. Additionally, the more vertical my hand position, the more difficult my peep acquisition is. When my hand is more vertical it feels like I am having to "look over" my hand vs when its more flat, I barely have to move my head to have a solid sight picture.