Increase in Political Arguing & Banter?

Should Mods Create a Political Sub-Forum?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mosby

WKR
I wish all Hunting sites would remove political topics. If I wanted to talk politics I can go to the barbershop.
Your barbershop must be a lot more interesting than mine. Mine has 3 women who are trying to get people in an out of the chair as quickly as possible and don't say much after "what are we doing today?"

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m more concerned about the America hating leftists who want to abolish hunting and do away with the 2nd Amendment along with the rest of their radical agenda. You’ll find them on all hunting and outdoor sites, posing as sportsmen themselves asking for free speech to be abolished. Begging for political conversations to be limited or be banned, out of reasons of good intention of course. These enemies need to be identified and outed.
Maybe take a look at your post history, take a breath and post something that isn't negative.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
I’m more concerned about the America hating leftists who want to abolish hunting and do away with the 2nd Amendment along with the rest of their radical agenda. You’ll find them on all hunting and outdoor sites, posing as sportsmen themselves asking for free speech to be abolished. Begging for political conversations to be limited or be banned, out of reasons of good intention of course. These enemies need to be identified and outed.
I disagree with you about those people being on hunting and outdoor sites posing as sportsmen. I believe there are a bunch of moderate, center or a wee bit left or right here that are angry with the NRA, big business, and Republicans but aren't Democrats. Others are truly agnostic about politics and hate both sides. Hunting sites and hunters have been extremely Conservative and traditional and that is rapidly changing. I was the open minded Libertarian back in the 90s that argued with real hard core conservatives on some issues. I truly believe a considerable amount of hunters on the forum are jaded about politics and just don't want to hear about it.

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
I disagree with you about those people being on hunting and outdoor sites posing as sportsmen. I believe there are a bunch of moderate, center or a wee bit left or right here that are angry with the NRA, big business, and Republicans but aren't Democrats. Others are truly agnostic about politics and hate both sides. Hunting sites and hunters have been extremely Conservative and traditional and that is rapidly changing. I was the open minded Libertarian back in the 90s that argued with real hard core conservatives on some issues. I truly believe a considerable amount of hunters on the forum are jaded about politics and just don't want to hear about it.
We agree on this more than you realize. I’m not saying the majority of those whining are posing as sportsmen. Those you speak of are the majority. but the radical liberal anti-hunters and the like are part of the equation. They exist here, and on all related sites. They know they can not change hunters or freedom and liberty loving citizens. Their goal is to silence us knowing they can’t change us. In time, then they will be able to FORCE change.

Billinsd

WKR
but the radical liberal anti-hunters and the like are part of the equation. They exist here, and on all related sites. They know they can not change hunters or freedom and liberty loving citizens. Their goal is to silence us knowing they can’t change us. In time, then they will be able to FORCE change.
I agree these people exist and there's millions in the country. However, I don't see it on any hunting websites. That's just my opinion, based on my observations. I'm sure some will disagree with me and that's fine. Thanks Bill

jodorouse

FNG
Sorry if I missed it but is something going to be changed or was this good idea just gone with the wind? How does this get changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
Sure. I mean more regulation fixes issues, not like there’s any correlation between hunting and politics at all.

We can all talk about gear and who’s trying to get info on honey holes

Lowg08

WKR
Your barbershop must be a lot more interesting than mine. Mine has 3 women who are trying to get people in an out of the chair as quickly as possible and don't say much after "what are we doing today?"
I go to a little country barbershop. More politics than hair cutting.

I say no politics at all. This is a hunting forum, take politics to a political forum.
There are politics associated with hunting and gun ownership...would be a shame to ban all politics.

I like the idea of a sub forum tho - those who want to discuss or debate can have a place to do that.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
The desire here for censorship is as disturbing to me as it is disgusting.

As others have stated, have some personal responsibility and avoid threads you don’t want to read and ignore people who annoy you.

Don't read what you don't want to read. When did we become so delicate the very existence of things we may not like is cause to eliminate them for everyone?
Because once they've read the post it's too late and they've been forever scarred by the words. Sticks and stone may break their bones and so do words, apparently.

woods89

WKR
Looks like the majority want to leave things as they are, and, despite my vote to the contrary, I'm cool with that. The mods here do good work at what is sometimes a thankless job.

It does seem like from watching other forums that as political threads (I'll even include religion here, coming from a religious person) increase, general respectfulness decreases. I became a member in 2014 when this was still a relatively small forum. This place was laser focused on hunting, and content here was high quality, to say the least. As time went on the tone has changed somewhat. That has good points and bad, but I certainly have some nostalgia for those days.

And I promise, I will do better at not opening those volatile threads! :)

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
It’s a general sub forum, politics and opinions are apart of a general discussion board. I would agree if people were talking about libtards or trumpers and vaccines in the optics section but this is a general forum. So get over it you big babies.

Beendare

WKR
Yes this is a hunting site.... isn’t it a good thing to increase awareness?

Informing hunters of possible legislation that could take away our public land, our hunting rights or our guns are relevant on a hunting site.

More info on these threats and involvement by hunters on these issues and we would blow all of these anti-‘s out of the water,.... As a group we are a powerful force. Hunter apathy is a serious issue.

Guys that want to continue to stick their head in the sand can chose to not click on these relavent topics.

Politics and health are intertwined with hunting and the outdoors. I’ve been really happy with the balance here on Rokslide. I don’t read every thread and I know a lot of my posts aren’t read or interacted with. No big deal...

It’s a private site and the owners and mods are going to do what they want. If I no longer enjoy my experience here I will go elsewhere. The way it is I enjoy it.