Increase MR Pintler storage

cpalm9

FNG
I have a MR Pintler with the Guide light frame. I love the pack but always seem to be wishing for more storage. I use it for all of my hunting and small 1-2 night backpacking trips in the summer. It really is an awesome pack.

I noticed that MR added a daypack lid that you can buy, however, it apparently is only compatible with the new Pintler on the Guide Light MT frame. Just curious if anyone has ideas?

SIR_34:16

FNG
Check this thread out. I did that exact thing with my pintler on a Guide Light frame. I used the lid from my Marshall bag. If you are going to use the newest version of the lid you might have to source different buckles to match, but the idea is the same.

MR changed their buckle design when they upgraded from the Guide Light to Guide Light MT frame. In general I think the MT frame is an improvement, but the buckle change was a bad decision that needlessly obsoleted previous generation bags for no discernible benefit to the user, but I digress. Assuming the new generation daypack lid has attachment points in roughly the same locations as the previous generation, you could buy a new lid, cut off the buckles, and replace them with 1" ITW split-bar buckles (also referred to as "no sew" or "field repair" buckles). I bought some of the buckles shown below from hudson4supplies.com for a frankenpack I put together last year using a previous generation (non-MT) MR Marshall bag.
Screenshot_20200527-203111.png
Screenshot_20200527-203553.png