Incredible story: Bowhunter finds lost bowhunter after 53 years

Idaho_ZC

FNG
Was going to post this! So intriguing, I really would be interested to see if they ever release what his cause of death was. I would imagine exposure but something had to lead to that. Either way, glad to see the mans wife and kids are still alive and able to get closure. What are the odds?

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Amazing story. I wonder if any parts of bow/arrows were found? Maybe he fell on an arrow -femoral artery - so many ways it could have happened. I can’t believe it took this long for another hunter to find him.

Geewhiz

WKR
Was going to post this! So intriguing, I really would be interested to see if they ever release what his cause of death was. I would imagine exposure but something had to lead to that. Either way, glad to see the mans wife and kids are still alive and able to get closure. What are the odds?
Probably covid-19 lol

I can see it. Humans and animals tend to take the path of least resistance. There are lots of places below cliffs, steep hillsides, very thick brush, ect… where a person may never set foot even though many folks travel near by.
Granted even then there are likely still Mylar birthday balloons there.
It sounds like the path these two fellows attempted isn’t chosen very often.
Maybe because everyone else knows there is no such thing as a shortcut. If it really was a short cut, it would just be called “the way”.

More details in the article below, including some photos of the gear that was found by the hunter. Very interesting and tragic story. Happy to hear the family has some closure after 53 years of wondering what happened.