Indoor backpack workouts

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How do you do your indoor pack workouts? I have a step box that is 12,14 or 16 inches tall depending on which side you use.

I realize these workouts don’t take the place of hiking with a pack, I’m thinking about bad weather, off season, winter, time crunch situations where you can get some good pack training in but have time or weather restrictions.

Do you do step ups for reps? For time? Sets of a certain number of reps or minutes? If you were going to do these a few days a week, how would you do it?

Thanks!!!

*zap*

WKR
treadmill is ideal.

no treadmill and I might try going heavy with step ups for a few shorter sets with a rest in between. heavier than normal load, 5-10 minute set, 10 minute rest, repeat up to 3 total sets. If your doing regular pack hikes regularly with moderate load something like that would be good maybe 3x a month just to keep the body familiar with heavy loads. You could also walk up/down a flight of stairs....might be just as good.

hunting1

WKR

I host ruck work outs at our gym monthly and usually do a work out prior to the hike. This link will give you some ideas at home.