inexpensive frame packs.

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
OK, i know that Kifaru, Mystery Ranch,and a few other high end packs are outstanding options. What I am wondering is what are some options for packs that are less expensive but still functional?

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, Kelty and Dana. I've got a never used Dana T1 and a good condition Shortbed. Ill be selling one soon. Also trying out the cache hauler right now.

jmez

WKR
What is your budget. Many of the cheaper packs are functional. I have an Eberlestock blue widow. It is tough as nails and carries great until you get over 50lbs. Still carries ok, just not as comfortable. The load lifters don't work as they connect directly behind the shoulder straps, at least on the longest torso setting they do. I only go on one hunt a year that I use/need the pack so at this point I can't justify a $600 pack when the Widow does what I need it to.

Watch Craig's list, ebay, and the classifieds here and on Archery Talk. You should be able to find a good deal on a used pack.

OP
B

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
I used a cabelas this year in Wyoming. It wasn't very good, it dug into my hips and hurt to carry.i might have not had it adjusted correctly, but i wasn't impressed.

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know if anyone has tried them here but there is one on LLBean. the carryall. If anyone was has used one maybe they could post up what they thought.

Shrek

WKR
Soon to be a bunch of duplex frames and t series on sale in the classifieds. The g1 stuff will be getting way down in price I bet.

dotman

WKR
Soon to be a bunch of duplex frames and t series on sale in the classifieds. The g1 stuff will be getting way down in price I bet.

Doubt they drop too much, overall there is a small number in people's hands and there will still be a good used market for great comfortable packs that work. MR will be hurting if they don't start dropping weight.