Inexpensive tree stand outerwear

WestNE

WKR
I'm loaded up on camo for more active hunting; elk, mulies, spot and stalk whitetail. I haven't hunted stationary in long time but am headed to Illinois for the second firearm season in early December. Even the warm stuff i have isn't the quietest.

Looking for thoughts on cost effective stand hunting outer wear in case the temps really drop, base and mid layers are covered. A couple options I'm considering Cabelas silent stalker bibs and coat, Nomad Harvester bibs and coat? Kings had a great price on their KC1 bibs but i can find zero info on the line?

Thoughts are appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I don't know what size you are. I have a HMK heater suit. I wore it in my tree stand once when I lived in NJ. I now live in SC and have no need for it. It is large with room to spare. I'm 5'11 210 with a 45 in chest and I could be several inches taller and it would still fit. Paid $300. Will sell for $150.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
d4faa5fcb7c05afe4221b723b6ad7535.jpg
1f845e9bf63cd73a833871a9e577aa1d.jpg
84b6af5bbb6cf629b55a7ac23cc32bc7.jpg
6270d3d1c11492babe041a9ad7c6cfb3.jpg

I hunted in puffy pants and jacket under cheaper under armor out wear (eBay). It was fine for the little bit of stand hunting I did Then. I have stepped it up and bought some real bibs now. The puffy kept me warm and the fleecy out wear kept it fairly quiet.

Cabelas Wooltimate is what a buddy of mine wears that hunts up there. Single digits last year and he said it was the bomb.

OP
WestNE

WestNE

WKR
Thanks for the suggestions! The body suits are intriguing but I'm not sure i can get over the loss in mobility once they're on though i have no doubt they would be the warmest option.

Wooltimate is also on my radar though a bit more than i wanted to spend for a set. I'll keep and eye out in the classified in case something comes up. Any other suggestions out there?

peterk123

WKR
I treat tree stand hunting like skiing.........layering. When it is really cold I use base layer, cheap fleece and a down parka. My camo shell jacket (Cabelas) goes over everything. My shell is what I wear every time. I just change what is under it. Layering allows me good temperature control at an affordable price. Also helps me to stay cool when I hike in.

mibighntr

FNG
You can find some great deals on wool pieces on ebay and 2nd hand shops!! A layer or two of good wool will do wonders!!

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I think the natural gear fleece stuff is a pretty good bang for the buck. If you already have some good layering stuff, the heater body suit or Iwom type stuff might be the way to go. Never used em, but I’m tempted every year to try. Last couple years 2nd season hasn’t been that cold, but it’s best to be prepared.

OP
WestNE

WestNE

WKR
Thanks for the tips all! I'm going to be THAT guy that solicited opinions then listed to none of them when a deal came bouncing by...

Going to give Scentblocker wooltex a try, and to be less bulky than some alternatives. Pants, parka, and vest for less than $200, it seemed worth trying.

Thanks again!
Nick

A close friend and hunting partner uses the heavy Nomad stuffI I don’t know which Nomad series it is and I believe the coldest weather he has hunted in is the 20’s.

Jhoff041

FNG
Cabela's has silent hide insulated bibs and jacket very affordable. Wore mine the last 2 years and my core stayed very warm with FL base layers.