Info for guided Elk Hunt

TThomson5

FNG
My Dad and I are trying to get a rifle hunt lined up for this fall. My Dad is getting up in age and this will be a once in a lifetime trip for him and me but hopefully I can return later. We are from Tennessee and know nothing about Elk, except their big. We want a guide/location with the best chance at an opportunity. We are not looking for a Trophy as any decent, legal bull will be a trophy to us. The state doesn't matter so much, he has always dreamed of elk hunting in CO but that isn't a lock. We just want the best opportunity possible in a hunt he is capable of doing. He is getting up in age and out of shape so a very physically demanding hunt wouldn't be ideal. We know there will be hiking and climbing but would like to keep it to something a couple TN boys can handle. Probably looking at a cabin stay or wall tent with a short horseback ride to camp if that is what it takes.

I have talked to 2 outfitters in CO that both only have 4th rifle available. One is in GMU 15 with some private land available and the other is near Rangely near unit 21 and 30.

I guess my first question would be is the 4th rifle a good hunt in CO for opportunity?

Any recommendations for outfitters? I have a list from doing some research, some on here and some reading other places. My list contains about 30 outfitters from CO, NM, MO. There is just so many out there and I want this to be a good trip for my Dad.

Any and all advise is appreciated.
Compass West Oitfitters in NM. I have hunted with them and they are top notch. They will accommodate anyone’s hunting needs. Good luck!

WRO

WKR
I know some good outfitters in Oregon that I can provide lots of references for that will fit all your requirements.

How did your hunt go? I am in a similar situation with my dad. We just got back from an OTC Colorado 3rd rifle hunt and the wall tent/cot days are just about over for him. The cold got to him and we had to call the hunt after a couple days. He is 82 this year and will 83 for the guided hunt we are looking to do. He is getting around pretty good for his age but looking for a better opportunity and some additional comfort. Thanks