Info on Sig Sauer Brass

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
I have a local guy near me with some Sig Sauer brass I can get for a good price, and I was wondering if anyone has used Sig brass or if they know of anyone who has and how it compares to similar things like Winchester or Hornady or Federal. Don't quite expect it to be Lapua quality, but curious to know how it is before I buy it if possible otherwise I'll take one for the team and let you guys know how it is. Thanks for any info!

I bought a few bags and I'm not impressed with mine. It's in a 308 and 3 firings and I'm finding loose primer pockets already on some, and not a hot load

Clarence

WKR
I have 2 firings on my 300 win mag. I have 150 of them. I have had good luck so far. Purchased because they were supposed to be pretty consistent in the neck. They have been good to me so far. Brother had gotten a bunch, and his Remington had trouble extracting them. Not sure if all calibers are this way, but the brass back at the rim is thinner on sig. He switched back to hornaday and that cured his issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Whitey375

FNG
I bought a few bags and I'm not impressed with mine. It's in a 308 and 3 firings and I'm finding loose primer pockets already on some, and not a hot load
That's what we found with my friend's 308. The primer pockets measured out only .003" smaller than the primer.
SIG brass was great when ADG was making it, but not so much now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mine caused my first experience with cold welding and over pressuring. Split necks on the second firing. Couldn’t say if it was because the brass but I won’t use them again. Next will be ADG

Forgot to say, after sorting I ended up with 44 of the 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
CTR

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the info and help, might get just 1 bag to try out and see how it is to gain some firsthand knowledge and data on it