Info on Wyoming elk area 63/64

jaeger63

FNG
I'm Tony Cleveland and a resident of Colorado. I'm a new member to Rok Slide and was hoping to trade some info on elk areas. I'm researching units 63/64 for a possible archery elk hunt in 2021. I may draw it next year with 13 points in the special. Ive hunted Colorado GMU 61 and would be willing to trade info if someone is building points in Colorado. This will most likely be my one and only upper tier elk hunt in Wyoming so I'm really trying to do my homework. I'm considering going guided mainly because Ive always wanted to do a horseback hunt but I know nothing about horses so need someone along that does. Plus due to work schedule not sure how much scouting I'll get to do in advance. I know its a grizz and wolf unit but I hear it holds some good elk so I'm willing to deal with that . Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share info.

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
wysongdog, If I decide on the unit and draw I will respect but "F" the bears! Would you mind sharing your thoughts on your hunt? Did you have a great hunt? Do you think its worth 13 points?

HOT ROD

WKR
Ill will vouch for Tony he is a stand up guy... I helped him on the Wyoming elk tag and in return he gave me sum very good intel on a Colorado....

wysongdog

WKR
I cheated when I had the tag I also had a sheep tag. I spent 35 days chasing sheep with my bow and then with a rifle. We saw one really good bull that was 370-375. We chased him opening day of rifle season. Got into a blizzard that put down 18” in 10 hours. It was crazy. My buddy killed a satellite bull that went 348”. Don’t be afraid to look high for the elk, like sheep high.

jeffpg

WKR
Tony, I drew the unit in 2016 and had a great hunt. I spent 2 weeks camping & hunting in the same general area and was in big bulls everyday. I got hung up on a massive 370 ish type bull who had a very distinctive growling bugle and passed some nice bulls in the attempt to kill him but I didn't get it done. No matter, as I had a great time trying and learned a lot about the area. As usual, by the end of my hunt I knew exactly what to do different the next time, but I doubt I'll ever be able to draw that tag again in my lifetime.

Anyway, I have enough Colorado elk points to have a decent chance at unit 61 and I am willing to share some really good solid information that will guarantee to put you into elk and give you a super good chance at a bruiser elk in Wyoming unit 63/64.

PM sent

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
jeffpg,
I sent you an email from mine to yours so hopefully you got it. I currently deployed overseas but will be home in Sep. I'll give you a call. Thanks much

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
Tony, I drew the unit in 2016 and had a great hunt. I spent 2 weeks camping & hunting in the same general area and was in big bulls everyday. I got hung up on a massive 370 ish type bull who had a very distinctive growling bugle and passed some nice bulls in the attempt to kill him but I didn't get it done. No matter, as I had a great time trying and learned a lot about the area. As usual, by the end of my hunt I knew exactly what to do different the next time, but I doubt I'll ever be able to draw that tag again in my lifetime.

Anyway, I have enough Colorado elk points to have a decent chance at unit 61 and I am willing to share some really good solid information that will guarantee to put you into elk and give you a super good chance at a bruiser elk in Wyoming unit 63/64.

PM sent
Jeff,
Id still like to chat via email or phone call when you find time. Im deployed overseas again but I usually have decent internet service. Again my email is: [email protected]
Ive got a bunch of coordinates for CO GMU 61 to get you started

Cday06

FNG

PM sent
Hi Jeff, My Name is Colter, in Utah. Sounds like you had a great hunt! Way to make it happen solo also. Like you I am doing research for this drawn tag this year. Going through similar questions about accessing wilderness with a guide, backcountry with horses solo, etc. I have solid information about unit 61 in Colorado as my dad drew the tag in 2019 and I'm happy to share with you if you are still looking to draw it. I have some decent info about the Wyoming unit, but someone who has hunted it and knows what they would do differently, just like we know what we would do differently with 61 in Colorado would be really helpful. I'm happy to help you in any way, and would love if you would be willing to share how your experience went. I am leaning towards true DIY with horses in the backcountry. [email protected] / Cell is 801-800-0030 if you want to text also. I know it seems weird to share my cell, just want to make it easy for you, make sure I receive if you respond, and my number is public to the hunting community anyway on my website. I'm the owner of a company called Borderland Supply. Thank you for your time Jeff.

PM sent