Initial Ascent rifle carrier on Kuiu Pack

ChrisAU

WKR
For a few years I have been a huge proponent of using the Kifaru specific gun bearer upper on Kuiu packs along with the Kuiu lower because of the attachments on each side vs the Kifaru lower’s one attachment because of the huge increase in stability that keeps the rifle from turning as you hike or climb.

Tonight though I’ve upgraded this system with the carrier from Initial Ascent and I’m pretty excited about it. The attachment is more straight forward and the cradle is a decent amount larger and more rigid than the Kuiu lower which makes placing and removing the rifle much easier. The craftsmanship on the Made in USA piece is awesome as well, so much that I’m going to seriously look at their pack offerings over the next few days. I even got a hand written note with my little $25 order.

Seems you could come up with a way to attach this to just about any pack.

64ABE9F9-4055-47A7-ADED-40808C617E73.jpeg

BluMtn

WKR
Before Deer season this year I received the new style KUIU gun bearer, I have had the old style but my butt stocks were bigger than the part that they sit in. I have tried the glacier pack one and was not real thrilled about it. But the new style KUIU I really like. With the buckle on the butt stock portion it keeps the gun locked in and when you need to release the gun you just reach down and unsnap the buckle and pull the gun down rotating it around and you are ready for action. I can get the gun in action about as fast as if I was using the shoulder strap on my rifle. The really nice thing is I like having both hands free when I am walking. Took me awhile to get use to it because I was always grabbing my pack strap making sure my gun was in place.