Injury Before Hunt

Carr5vols

WKR
Been down for the past 7 weeks with a severe sciatic nerve issue(thought i was 30 and jumped off the diamondback cover off 3/4 ton). Finally able to walk normal now. Got two weeks until leave for a hunt any advice on anything i can do to gain some leg/core strength back quick.

Tmac

WKR
See if you can get your Doc. to prescribe a professional Physical Therapist. I had one work wonders for me 3 weeks before a high country hunt. I explained it to my Doc and he wrote a 4x a week PT order. Can be tough to get in, but may be worth a look. Good luck.

tntrker

WKR
Air squats & lunges all throught your day if you have no weights around. 50 a set and 3-4 or more throughout the day.

Going to be hard to get in to your general practitioner, then a script for PT, schedule the initial consult, then actual rehab sessions in 3 weeks.

Muscle relaxers for a couple days tame my sciatica pretty well, then gentle stretching. Most of the time, physical activity actually helps it.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Thanks for the input. Been stretching for 6 weeks and hot and cold. walking does the best to relax it. Dreading the 24 hour drive...may try to get in to chiropractor this week.