Inline 5

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Prime knocked it out of the park this year. I’m a bow nut constantly trying new things but this bow just flat holds on target for me. I’ve never cared for Primes draw cycle at 30 inches but this cam is so different than anything else they produced. I think I really missed limb stops and longer ata which makes sense the only bow I held onto over the years is an 2011 Elite pure. It’s been a couple weeks and shooting 4 times a week I just get that special feeling when I step back to 50 and 60 yards.

Attachments

• 2BA1A52D-FE8B-4E37-A965-6566FE877982.jpeg
    2BA1A52D-FE8B-4E37-A965-6566FE877982.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 62
Nice, I’ve been looking at these - a 33 or 35- and PSE to replace my RX3 Ultra. Any feelings on how it is to carry in the field yet? I guess I feel like the way the ultra balances in hand is tough to beat and going away from Carbon is my hang up, the ultra just has a great balance for long days hiking, but plenty of other issues.

Nice bow! If I was looking, for a bow that would be my first stop.

I still hunt with my 35" Prime Rival that is 6 years old (and have another Rival I bought used as a backup). They work much better in the mountains for me than the shorter bows I had...specifically a Hoyt Carbon Element and Mathews Creed. Just more forgiving and at the same time significantly faster.

OP
Shawn_Guinn

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, I’ve been looking at these - a 33 or 35- and PSE to replace my RX3 Ultra. Any feelings on how it is to carry in the field yet? I guess I feel like the way the ultra balances in hand is tough to beat and going away from Carbon is my hang up, the ultra just has a great balance for long days hiking, but plenty of other issues.
No just shooting indoors so far, desert challenge 3-d shoot coming up and I’m shootings hoodoo in Oregon this summer part of the NW Mtn challenge I’ll have a better idea. I don’t think it feels very heavy set up but definitely more so than my rx3 a couple years ago. I hunted a v331 last season it wasn’t unbearable elk hunting with. I see no issues with my setup’s overall weight

I kinda want an in-line 5, i have no logical reason to buy another bow this year but a 35” quick bow that holds like a prime is tempting

I kinda want an in-line 5, i have no logical reason to buy another bow this year but a 35” quick bow that holds like a prime is tempting

Logic and bows don't go together.
I say buy it.

I have around a dozen stick bows now, and I'm not really a stick bow shooter.

More of an arrow flinger/slinger, just sometimes they hit where I was looking.

cstab

FNG
Shot one of these last week and I was very impressed. The only thing that has me scratching my head was that it was 10ft slower than several other bows I shot with equal set ups. I was expecting it to be the quickest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Shawn_Guinn

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I can see that, it’s slower than my v3 31 not by much considering it’s 5 pounds less and probably a 1/2 inch shorted in true draw length. I’ve not crono’d it btw it’s a subjective guess using my identical arrows and the same sight I definitely have a slower sight tape. I’ve not chased speed for several years, reckon my 30 inch draw and 70 plus pounds with a 520sh grain arrow with anything shooting 325 fps ibo will give me 250 to 280 actual fps and make wholes in elk. But I get the speed game for sub 29 inch draws and or sub 70lb pulls.