Inov-8 Roclite G 345 GTX Boot Review

dflint94

FNG
Great review. I went down the stiff boot rabbit hole last year and spent a large sum of money on all different boots just to end up with foot issues. I blame it on Snyder. I’ve put a couple hundred miles on the 345 this year bear hunting and scouting and love them. Wore them out and went with the 370 a couple months ago, they leak already, but overall really impressed with inov8.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
For some reason the stiffer the ankle support the more I twist my ankle. Since moving to these lightweight hikers I’ve had very few ankle issues.

Assuming no significant snow, would you wear these hunting in CO in early October? 80 lbs is about as heavy a load as I would need to carry. No ankle issues (knock on wood).

RogerNH

FNG
How would these boots do in hot weather? Wondering if these boots would be a good choice for hunting in Hawaii. Don’t really need Gortex or waterproofing as the climate can be pretty dry. Would these boots work or is there a different boot I should look at?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
How would these boots do in hot weather? Wondering if these boots would be a good choice for hunting in Hawaii. Don’t really need Gortex or waterproofing as the climate can be pretty dry. Would these boots work or is there a different boot I should look at?

If you don't need waterproof and the weather is hot I would choose these. Not the most durable but so comfortable.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Assuming no significant snow, would you wear these hunting in CO in early October? 80 lbs is about as heavy a load as I would need to carry. No ankle issues (knock on wood).

I wore them into November with a little snow. Only you would know that answer to the 80-pound question. I would have no issues with it.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Great review. I went down the stiff boot rabbit hole last year and spent a large sum of money on all different boots just to end up with foot issues. I blame it on Snyder. I’ve put a couple hundred miles on the 345 this year bear hunting and scouting and love them. Wore them out and went with the 370 a couple months ago, they leak already, but overall really impressed with inov8.

Haha, Aron has sold a lot of stiff boots, the difference is Aron knows what he needs most don't

ChrisAU

WKR
Got mine in yesterday. Super comfortable, incredibly light. My 11.5’s are 27.2 oz total for the pair which is wild. I got the brown/red ones and I think they look great.

They aren’t very tall at all, here is a pic of them with some Crispi Thor’s I just got today (which I’m really liking on first impressions) and Salewa Mtn Trainer Lite’s I had planned on using this fall...now idk. I am worried about foot protection. The Inov-8’s don’t seem like they’d keep you from feeling deadfall in the dark any better than some thick socks would.

5B62BE4D-16E1-4D34-B778-75D1DA7EFC84.jpeg

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying out a pair of their shoes and liking them for the gym so far.

d56b26a5a1433465eb3c7378fec71e1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
How's the toe box room on these?

I have the 350s and Toe box is generously tall. The top of the shoes don’t taper nor is there any significant upwards curl in the the front of the sole. As a guy with huge toes, I like the fit so far, but some folks find Innv8 toe boxes to be have too much vertical space. I, on the other hand, often find my toes to feel a bit cramped in a lot of footwear.

Rokwiia

WKR
I've been wearing INOV-8s since the year the Company started. Five or six different models. My experience has been the sizing has narrowed a bit on the shoes I order. For example, I had the Roclite 325 GTX and wanted to replace it with the Roclite 345 GTX. The 345 was too narrow.

That means I need to go to either the Roclite 370 or the brand new Roclite 400. I'm not a fan of the tread pattern on the 370 but love the pattern on the 400 which is similar to my 325.

dflint94

FNG
Just got home from MT, finally got a bull on the ground on day 7. Had to switch back to my briksdol for day 6 and 7. Found when I had to side hill long distances, it just wasn’t enough shoe for me. Any one have any ideas on something similar to the 370 with a little more support?

Attachments

• 9D52150B-CFD1-4282-84DF-9682286293BD.jpeg
    9D52150B-CFD1-4282-84DF-9682286293BD.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 50

Brendan

WKR
Same as above - I'm liking mine so far, but will be too flexible for me where I'm carrying any weight or extended trips with a lot of sidehilling / etc. Will probably wear them antelope hunting, and curious to see if they stay waterproof for long.

May need to try a new set of the Thors, but as of right now my old set and my L&S Mountain Hunter Elites both leak like a sieve.

Want2hunt

FNG
so one thing everyone hates would be having sweaty feet after hike/run/hunt. this is all poly inside out. how did that fair?

Garryett

FNG
Really like my Inov8’s. Great substitute for Salomans that don’t make my large size. Bought them before my elk hunt this year. Did 14 days in them and love them. The only area were they were a little sub par was in real rocky terrain.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't need waterproof and the weather is hot I would choose these. Not the most durable but so comfortable.

Ryan how are the fit in these? I have used Inov-8's alot and have found the same as wiiawiwb in that their sizing has narrowed some which I need to upsize. I have the F-lite 235 sz 11 and they feel a bit tight, the mudclaw I got an 11.5 but is too small. Looking at the Roclite 400's but interested in comfort and these Altra's.

Hey everyone. Acknowledging that I’ve dug up an old thread, I am looking at switching over to an Inov8, but curious on model.

I’m torn between the 345 (in the review) but also like the 400, as it seems a tad more supportive. Does anyone with experience with each boot have a preference?

Thanks in advance.