Inputs on some new layers (sept archery)

Vandy321

WKR
Fellas, I'm moving east this year and I only plan to be back in the woods for Sept archery year in and year out.

My current layers are pretty heavy 250 series smartwool merino, arcteryx beta shell, arcteryx atom AR puffy, etc. Great for Nov, not so much for summer hiking and into Sept for CO elk. I sold my kuiu merino and peloton due to the merino rubbing my shoulders raw under my pack straps, and the peloton snagging on any and everything.

Managed to get set up with Sitka pro deal, so I cant argue the price of Sitka and want to try it out.

Any inputs on this list or pieces you'd recommend instead from the same brand? CO, May-Sept temps, active, not alot of sitting and glassing.

For tops:
Core LW hoodie
Core Heavyweight
Jetstream vest
Kelvin lite hoodie
**may pack the arcteryx shell or at least keep in and the atom AR in the truck in case a cold snap hits.

For bottoms:
I currently have fjallraven keb pants and plan on the mid weight sitka bottoms, but honestly may go back to the kuiu bottoms solely for the zip off function.

Any inputs on pieces to add or delete would be appreciated.

Last edited:

HunterEng

FNG
Would check out the apex stuff as well you those listed. I have and like most of what u have listed.