InReach & AT&T Incompatible??

Ono

FNG
Same here, sent messages to wife's two phones, AT&T phone bounced every time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Gila

WKR
I was in the bush yesterday. Communicated with the wife just fine. She is on Verizon. Today I looked at the topo maps the mini sent to her iphone. It shows the terrain and utv trails better than the onx map.

Split toe

WKR
I had the same issue this past week. Wife had ATT. I believe the issue was resolved around the middle of last week.

PMcGee

WKR
I understand that it was an Att issue but garmin knew it was a problem and didn’t send a message to my inreach until after the issue was resolved. They knew for days it wasn’t working. I did eventually start using email address but not until after I sent quite a few messages to att phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muzzy48

FNG
I had the same issues on a recent hunting trip with friends. Our wives and girlfriends were freaking out of course thinking the worst had happened. Ran into another hunter and he was having the same issue. Luckily we rotated nights who we contacted and eventually they found out we were ok once we sent it to a Verizon phone. Like others, all msgs were saying they sent. Pretty frustrating for what people have invested in these devices.

Pgohil

WKR
So is the AT&T/Garmin issue now resolved?
Yes. The outage was from the 12th-17th. Problem was on AT&T's end. I got an email from garmin after a couple days and then another plus an Inreach message that it was resolved.

You can sign up from the inreach site to get notifications about outages. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yes. The outage was from the 12th-17th. Problem was on AT&T's end. I got an email from garmin after a couple days and then another plus an Inreach message that it was resolved.

You can sign up from the inreach site to get notifications about outages. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Done, thanks!

mdkelley

FNG
Similar happened to a friend and I on our elk hunt a couple weeks ago. Both wives have ATT cell service. My messages went through to my wife via ATT but I don't send to the phone number, I send messages to the mms and/or text email addresses for ATT: [email protected] or [email protected]

He said he had his set up to just send to his wife's phone number and his messages didn't make it through. We figured it out when she didn't respond to any of his messages so I asked my wife to call his and let her know we were fine and that it seemed his inReach wasn't working.

I also initially set up the canned messages to send to my wife's regular gmail account as well as her phone via the text message email address (the map tracking feature seems easier to use on her laptop). When I set mine up I am pretty sure the setup manual said to include the entire txt/mms address for sending to a cell phone, but he bought his unit a year later and said his worked with just the phone number. It may not hurt to find your carrier's text email domain and add that in as a recipient to prevent this in the future.

CarrierSMS gateway domainMMS gateway domain
AT&T[insert 10-digit number]@txt.att.net[insert 10-digit number]@mms.att.net
Boost Mobile[insert 10-digit number]@sms.myboostmobile.com[insert 10-digit number]@myboostmobile.com
Cricket Wireless[insert 10-digit number]@mms.cricketwireless.net[insert 10-digit number]@mms.cricketwireless.net
Google Project Fi[insert 10-digit number]@msg.fi.google.com[insert 10-digit number]@msg.fi.google.com
Republic Wireless[insert 10-digital number]@text.republicwireless.com
Sprint[insert 10-digit number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com[insert 10-digit number]@pm.sprint.com
Straight Talk[insert 10-digital number]@vtext.com[insert 10-digit number]@mypixmessages.com
T-Mobile[insert 10-digit number]@tmomail.net[insert 10-digit number]@tmomail.net
Ting[insert 10-digit number]@message.ting.com
Tracfone[depends on underlying carrier][insert 10-digit number]@mmst5.tracfone.com
U.S. Cellular[insert 10-digit number]@email.uscc.net[insert 10-digit number]@mms.uscc.net
Verizon[insert 10-digit number]@vtext.com[insert 10-digit number]@vzwpix.com
Virgin Mobile[insert 10-digit number]@vmobl.com[insert 10-digit number]@vmpix.com