Inreach issue help

Pgohil

WKR
Having a bit of trouble withy inreach and earthmate app.
1) it seems like I have to be sitting Dead still with an absolute open view of the sky to be able to send or receive messages, and even then it seems to take quite a while. Even if I am hiking slowly along it will not get a message out or receive one that has been previously sent to me. Real pain in the ass.

2) sometimes I will notice the light on my inreach flashing. I'll check messages through the app and it won't pick them up but if I go into the inreach I can find them there. I don't know what the cause of this is.

Thanks for helping.

PGohil
Wv

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Anyone??

muddydogs

WKR
Which Inreach? SE, SE+, ect. How old is the unit? How long has the unit been off before having issues?

Call Garmin headquaters. The will troubleshoot it.
459dd255fe452e0f45fb6f2b5e23c64d.jpg

This will be your best option for answers. Could be a software update needed, Bluetooth issue, or a issue with the inreach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wirehair

FNG
interesting as im having same problem and based in New Zealand. I have gone back to support .They are sorting at present but advised me not to use it untill problem solved.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Which Inreach? SE, SE+, ect. How old is the unit? How long has the unit been off before having issues?
It's a delorme SE. I bought it here on rokslide this summer. I made sure all software and firmware were up to date.

Did you check for service issues?

They will have bugs and other things from time to time that effect different functions of the unit.

muddydogs

WKR
It's a delorme SE. I bought it here on rokslide this summer. I made sure all software and firmware were up to date.

I would call Garmin, I would suspect that its the unit. I've seen this issue a few times and it usually comes down to an internal issue with the unit. When sending messages is the recipient getting a map link that includes location coordinates, assuming you have your web portal set to send coords with messages? First sign of trouble with the older Delorme units is they stop sending coords with the messages.

You might try a soft reset, https://support-inreach.roadpost.ca/kb/articles/soft-reset-inreach-device . Once the unit powers back on take it outside in a good signal area for a few minutes and let it do its thing then send a test message.

Sometimes a hard reset will fix the issue but for the life of me I can't remember the button pushes on this, I think it involves holding 3 keys down including the SOS button? I think I have the procedure written down at the office, I'll check tomorrow and post it if I do.

Its handy to have the soft reset procedure saved in your phone or written down in your pack in case you have an issue in the field. The soft reset will usually fix a unit that might have frozen up or is acting a little glitchy.

Last edited: