InReach question

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Got my new Garmin 66i and set it all up last night fairly easily. I texted my wife from the Garmin. She received and texted back so everything is working fine. However she was on a cell phone and I messaged her cell phone #. How does this thing work InReach to InReach with no cell phone linked or present?
Is everything linked to the cell number you register with online? If my friend has a 66i and no cell phone along or linked do you still message to his cell#??> Thanks

muddydogs

WKR
Inreach to Inreach you need to use your Inreach email address they assign to you. Its usually your email handle @inreach.garmin.com. Your web based account will have the address. I save these addresses in my phones contact book so there easily accessible as well as the Inreach contact list in case my phone has issues.

OP
G

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks, can't figure out how to add contacts direct in to 66i. Anyone know?
Getting set up to use completely without a phone along.

OP
G

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
OK, I have a headache! I added contacts on my Garmin web profile and synced to 66i. Contacts are not showing up in unit. What am I doing wrong?

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
this is how i added mine. from the 66i, go to main menu, setup, scroll to bottom to Contacts, new Contact., enter info, save

I had to figure this out for my inreach mini just now so I wanted to update this thread. I went into the earthmate app on my phone. Go into the (More) tab, options/Account & Sync. The mini does not have a contacts area under setup on the device itself.