Inreach update ?

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had trouble updating their Inreach mini? I tried my MacBook and pc but neither can locate my Inreach on the garmin express app. I can still use it but wanted to update it before I head out Tuesday

cnelk

WKR

Venom One

WKR
I haven't had any issues. The current version is 3.80.

Does your computer recognize the device? It should show up as a drive. Mine looks like this:
1661604938754.png

If so, the problem lies with Garmin Express and you might try uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin Express.
If your computer doesn't recognize the Mini, I'd try a different PC or a different USB cable.

OP
SandyCreek

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies guys. Took 4 different usb cables but I finally got one to work on my pc. Still doesn’t work on my Mac. Strange but I got it updated at least

Need to make sure you’re using a “data transfer” cable and not just a power cable. I had this issue recently and it was a major PITA until I found one that worked.
I had the same issue recently. Restarted the computer and inReach multiple times and uninstalled/reinstalled the sync software to no avail before discovering that it was the stupid cable that was keeping the computer from recognizing the inReach.

LaHunter

WKR
I haven't had any issues. The current version is 3.80.

Does your computer recognize the device? It should show up as a drive. Mine looks like this:
View attachment 445288

If so, the problem lies with Garmin Express and you might try uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin Express.
If your computer doesn't recognize the Mini, I'd try a different PC or a different USB cable.
Version 3.8 is specific for the mini, I am assuming? I have an the S.E. and I think my updated firmware version is 3.4 after syncing.

Venom One

WKR
Version 3.8 is specific for the mini, I am assuming? I have an the S.E. and I think my updated firmware version is 3.4 after syncing.

Yes, it looks like they're separate versions. Garmin's site shows the latest SE version as 3.2. from what I found.

I had the same issue recently. Restarted the computer and inReach multiple times and uninstalled/reinstalled the sync software to no avail before discovering that it was the stupid cable that was keeping the computer from recognizing the inReach.
Same

bgipson

FNG
Started mine up for the first time since last spring and it was charging slow as hell (~20% a day) so I was glad when Garmin told me it just needed an update to sort things out. Fixed it right up last night with the update.

Hnttillmt

FNG
I’m pretty close to throwing my in reach in the toilet. I’m no where near tech savvy enough for that headache. I’m not totally illiterate but I feel like you really have to be into tech to be proficient with it. My wife who is a lot more savvy than me and has several of there watches really struggled to get it working last year. A buddy who has a masters in engineering gave up after 30 minutes. I’ve had the thing for three years and sent a total of 1 test txt on it. I tried a couple nights ago to log into my account to activate my account or subscription or whatever they call it. Couldn’t even do that.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I reactivated mine for the season and I received a text on it saying it received an update automatically.

danwolf

FNG
I had the same issue last year updating with my mac. Ended up updating with a pc and after several attempts it finally worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated mine a couple weeks ago. Garmin express app updated first then I updated mini after with .no issues

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
Don’t forget to check your OnX or any mapping programs too.

And while I’m preaching, my phone was a older IPhone 8. On board memory was maxed out, and even tho my OnX worked at home, unknown to me, it was working off “the cloud”. An off grid scouting trip showed the only cloud was in the sky, thus OnX would not work. An upgrade to a iPhone 13 with a ton of memory fixed me up.

danwolf

FNG
Don’t forget to check your OnX or any mapping programs too.

And while I’m preaching, my phone was a older IPhone 8. On board memory was maxed out, and even tho my OnX worked at home, unknown to me, it was working off “the cloud”. An off grid scouting trip showed the only cloud was in the sky, thus OnX would not work. An upgrade to a iPhone 13 with a ton of memory fixed me up.
true, i half the reason i upgrade phones often is to get a bigger one so I can save enough maps in onx.