Inreach vs SPOT, what’s your preference?

bmola

FNG
I am looking at getting a satellite communication device like one of the two in the headline and was wondering if anyone has tried multiple and can give some pros/cons. I was looking at just getting the inreach mini or SPOT X or gen4 messenger. Any help would be appreciated.

def90

WKR
There are multiple versions of both with different features.. what did you find/pick and why?

coast range

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I am maybe in the market. Curious what you decided upon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoElk

WKR
Inreach, no question, Better satellite coverage, more functions, more consistent message sending. If spot has come out with something this year to beat InReach I'm not aware of it.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
My inreach has been very reliable. Except for texting to att phones a few times. So now I just send it to an email address and that issue is fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ethan

WKR
I’ve owned both and in my opinion Inreach hands down, any day of the week. I’ve had mixed results with the spot device to say the least.

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy the simplicity of having a dedicated number to text from, battery life seems better, and still provides the same SOS function. I only use it to text with the old lady. I don't believe there is much difference in subscriptions cost either. I will add that it seemed like the SMS/text feature worked more seamlessly than when I have used an inreach in the past. I will add a disclaimer that I am not a tech guy, so simplicity is king for me.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

JP3

FNG
I really like my InReach. I'm cheap so bought the old version before Delorme was bought by Garmin. The only issue I had was it tried to send an emergency message once while it was in my pack and I was leaning/shivering up against it... It started making a terrible noise after it sent the SOS. Luckily, I was able to cancel it before it actually sent.

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the InReach and Zoleo and prefer the Zoleo mainly due to the continued messaging ability via wifi or cell service after the device is off.

That's been handier than I expected.

Anytime I go lately, I've been grabbing the Zoleo.

Likely give my InReach to my daughter.