INSANE Vapor Trail. Copper bullet testing.

Great photos! I have a question about your Lab Radar. It looks like you have it positioned pretty far back near the action of the rifle. Have you tried running it up closer to the front of your barrel? Curious what velocity difference you notice if you have. Thanks.

Interesting question, I wouldn't have thought there would be a notable difference but maybe there is.

Side port brakes limit where you can put it. Either has to be a ways back from the muzzle or in front of it to prevent it from getting blasted with gasses.

Azone

WKR
3B9FA481-471C-4A53-80C4-2D2D2E6ABD03.jpeg
Not quite as defined as your trails, but here is one from my wife’s rifle this past weekend. There were a couple that really stood out before I decided to record it. .264 131 Hammer Hunters, traveling in the 3150 fps neighborhood. Very interesting to say the least.

Never seen the smoke trail with the hammers, but laugh a lot shooting the grendel. It looks like you can actually see the shiny bullet traveling down range.

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
I don't know if there's a difference with the lab radar honestly. I've only ever used it behind the muzzle like that. Those muzzle breaks are violent lol.

With my back baffled type brakes, I put the LabRadar slightly in front of the barrel. I doubt it makes a bunch of difference, and I'm going to test it out next time to see if there's any noticable velocity difference in 2 to 3 feet spacing. Thanks.

rayporter

WKR
the trouble is that you rarely get to see your own vapor trail.

i think i have see one of my own as it went into a ground hog. its funny how you brain can compute where the bullet is going so fast with so little info. as soon as the bullet left and the vapor trail formed i knew it would hit.

there have been others shot by my pard that were the same way. by the time the trail was half way there you knew it was a hit or miss.