Insanity CPXL with 80# limbs. Who has one?

ChanceH

FNG
I have had a CPX with 80# limbs for two years now and love it. So much in fact that I am going to buy another one since they are no longer making them.

However, the bow I found is a CPXL And I have never shot the longer ATA / brace bow.

I shoot left handed, and to find a CPX LH in 80# limbs with the optifade camo is hard so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the CPXL since it has everything I would want.

My question is for anyone that has a CPXL in 80#, what is real world numbers for this bow, how do you like it compared to CPX? What should I expect?

The price is too good to pass up and I love the optifade on a bow.

Craig4791

WKR
My buddy has a CPXL with 80# limbs. I liked shooting it. A little too heavy of me though. I prefer a longer ATA bow so I would think it's an upgrade

jmez

WKR
I've not shot one at 80# but it shoots and feels completely different than the CPX. The only similarity between the two is the name.

OP
ChanceH

ChanceH

FNG
I am looking forward to comparing the two. I think I am going to look at having it as a whole different set up than my CPX. I will try to make up some lighter weight arrows and have it as my speed set up for smaller sized game.

Leave my CPX with the heavier arrows for bigger animals. Nice to have the options!

rhendrix

WKR
How's the 80# draw on the CPXL? I love the draw on my CPX and would love to own another one, just don't have the money.

OP
ChanceH

ChanceH

FNG
I will let you know next week rhendrix. It is on its way via UPS. I have confidence it will be a shooter though.

G-unit

Lil-Rokslider
I've had both, not in 80, but had 2 cpxls in 70 and 60. My cpx was 60. No comparison. If ur shooting an 80 cpx, the XL will feel like 60. The draw is much better and the bow is an absolute tack driver

I've never shot a cpx, but have shot my buddies cpxl in 70, if I could find one 70 or 80 I would have a hard time not buying it. It shot lights out. A lot of people have said the cpx and cpxl are the best bows to come out in a long long time.