Insanity Workout?

xcutter

WKR
Has anyone tried the Insanity workout? A buddy gave me the DVD pack. Think I'm going to give it a try for the 2 months. I did the cardio workout just to try it out. It was tough. I was smoked after the workout. Definitely think it will be a game changer for me climbing up some mountains when I go back to chase elk.

Any pointers or thoughts?

Thanks for any input.

blackdawg

WKR
It's good as long as you keep up with the group/leader, don't forget to get outside for real hills,hikes, runs. You will get out of it the sweat that you put into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
I have been doing the work outs for 2 weeks now, they kick the living crap out of you, my advise, go at your pace otherwise you will hurt yourself.

Good Luck and DIG DEEPER !!!!!

I've been using this off and on for about six years now. I usually do it in the winter time, although I will do it occasionally in the summer. It's a great workout routine. It can make you sore even if you've been doing it for weeks.

OP
X

xcutter

WKR
Been doing the workouts this week. They are tough if you really push yourself as you should. I can't make it through the entire workout sequences without having to stop. I bet I waste 10 to 15 minutes of workout time because I'm exhausted. And I'm not moving as fast as the people on the video.

How does this measure up to everyone else? Just curious if I'm just that bad out of shape.

Soreness wise my calves ankles and feet are very sore this morning. Is this typical for everyone else?

Thanks for any input.

NDGuy

WKR
Been doing the workouts this week. They are tough if you really push yourself as you should. I can't make it through the entire workout sequences without having to stop. I bet I waste 10 to 15 minutes of workout time because I'm exhausted. And I'm not moving as fast as the people on the video.

How does this measure up to everyone else? Just curious if I'm just that bad out of shape.

Soreness wise my calves ankles and feet are very sore this morning. Is this typical for everyone else?

Thanks for any input.

I used to do it and am starting up again. One thing about pounding bare feet on the ground is they get sore. I would try wearing light running shoes in the house or something of the sort. That helped me a bit.

Don't feel bad about being winded it is a fast paced workout since they want it to be under an hour and still be effective.

blackdawg

WKR
No pain no gain, "dig deeper" ,,, reasonable soreness expected,,keep at it and try for improvements each day, post back in 2 weeks with an update on progress vs where you are today. I hate that I was so old before I figured out how much improvement an excercise program like this could benefit my entire body vs a single activity like weights, running, biking,etc.

TJ

WKR
I've been using this off and on for about six years now. I usually do it in the winter time, although I will do it occasionally in the summer. It's a great workout routine. It can make you sore even if you've been doing it for weeks.

I have been doing the same thing also.

It got to where my knees started aching if I didn't take it easy on the jumps.

I also found that I still needed to hit the weights to maintain strength.

OP
X

xcutter

WKR
Did this workout for 3 weeks and lost about 12 pounds. Had to stop though my knees were killing me. Still trying to recover. It was getting very painful. I started going back to the gym lifting and hiking outdoors again. Usually hit the Stairmaster couple times a week in gym as well. Just my experience if anyone was thinking about trying this workout. It's a great cardio workout and I had great gains in endurance but my knees paid for it.

Scrappy

WKR
When I first started insanity I was really fat, so I knew I was going to have knee problems. I have been doing insanity now for about five years off and on throughout the year in the basement on the cushioned workout mats that you put together like a puzzle with a throw rug over the top of that. This combo has really saved the knees and back.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
When I was in college two of my drinking buddies who were wrapping up ROTC did it and I was honestly surprised at their results. Lost a good deal of body fat and added a good deal to their APFT. Of course, they were doing bare minimum ROTC PT 3x/week but, again, I was surprised at the results. They tore rabidly into it and I imagine if you do the same you will be rewarded; as with all things in life.

Scrappy

WKR
I started insanity at a whopping 270, now I'm 188. I didn't read the part about insanity is not for people not already in some kind of shape. It was a real killer the first few months.

I started insanity at a whopping 270, now I'm 188. I didn't read the part about insanity is not for people not already in some kind of shape. It was a real killer the first few months.

Nice job scrappy