Insanity

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just finishing up a 60 day relationship with another form of Insanity- a program called Insanity. I think it's great for this time of year and I'll follow it up with a P90X routine that should put me in a good spot for the Incline and the Peak when the weather improves. I'm also a great fan of the functional training described in the article.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great programs you're talking about. Pretty simple, plenty of functional training. If a hunter is motivated enough to train at home, it can be done...

With a little one a week away I saved up and just ordered Insanity--should be here Monday. I cancelled the gym membership to help the budget a little. So I will be running through that to start off.

R

rebecca francis

I love P90X and use it all the time. I was thinking of getting Insanity for a change....Is it much different than P90X?

Hoytnut

FNG
Insanity is a great workout that will test anybody that is willing to work hard! I like to do it in the winter when I cannot get out and run much. I think that is a great idea to jump from Insanity to P90x.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will love INSANITY. I have been through the entire program three times now and got addicted to it. I was running an INSANITY class over lunch hour for about 30 others at work. Not all stuck to the program but those that did noticed the results and positive gains! It will build leg strength that will help with carrying that heavy pack up the mountain!

OP
D

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
OK, post-mortem on Insanity. What an awesome winter workout after enjoying the excess of the holidays!

The Good: I experienced a noticable improvement in cardiovascular capacity and fast-twitch muscle conditioning. While definitely not trying to lose weight, I did lean out by nearly 10 pounds. Having said that, I continued to eat between 3000-3500 calories a day and losing weight was not a goal.

The "not so good": When I finished the program and got outside in the early AM for running, I noticed a soreness (a bit extreme) the following day and that was my slow twitch muscles screaming from lack of targeted training. It's all good and now I'm back on the Incline: It's only 1 mile up, but gains 2000 feet of vertical by way of 2800 railroad ties. And it's a 4 mile run back down Barr Trail's switchbacks. Time for the endurance training...

Dead eye

FNG
I love P90X and use it all the time. I was thinking of getting Insanity for a change....Is it much different than P90X?

I f you liked P90X you will love P90X2, it is so different from the original! Insanity is really good for cardio, leg strength and dropping a few pounds! Im about 6 weeks into P90X2 and we are doing (or should I say they are doing) push ups on 4 med balls and every exercise is total body and balance.

littlebuf

Banned
i started P90X about 2 weeks ago and learned a hard lesson the first night.now im a very active person, i hit the mountains every weekend and have a very physical job.being in shape has never been a problem and ive always been very strong (not trying to brag ive just always had a natural strength plus the work i do) but it has been a long time since ive done targeted work outs.and the first night i hurt my self.started with the back and shoulders.did around 200 of the various style push ups in the routine and probably a little over 100 of the pull ups.then the weight stuff.felt pretty good until i woke up and couldn't bend my arms the next day.back of my arms swoll up pretty big.i paid for that fro a week at work.lesson i learned,though im in good shape and plenty strong,ease into this stuff if its been a while,just finished the plyometrics routine about 15 minute ago.now this summer at work i was running around 2500 stairs a week but i remembered my arm lesson and took it easy.we'll see if i can walk tomorrow....

R

rebecca francis

Ok, got Insanity in the mail....and gave it a try. It is a serious butt kicker! I loved it! I can't wait till tomorrow to do the next one!