Insert tune vs align broadheads to vanes

Wodez

FNG
I have been reading/watching a fair bit of gear about arrow building. I have some time to kill being in covid lockdown (Melbourne Australia) so don’t mind putting in some extra time in my arrow build.
One thing I am considering is insert tuning. Basically Spin testing broadhead and slightly twisting insert until broadheads spin good...then glue insert to suit.
But if I was to then nock tune the bare shafts (With field points) and fletch to suit, the broadhead blades would be inconsistent positions from one arrow to the next.
I have always built with broadheads all being horizontal.
Anyone tested one vs the other? Inconsistent wobble vs inconsistent steering out of the gate.
I’m shooting a 2 blade fixed Kayuga 125gr. Australian brand so not expecting any first hand experience from you guys....but they are a single bevel if that helps.

Brendan

WKR
There is zero benefit to aligning vanes to broadhead blades. Don't waste your time.

I wouldn't use a broadhead that didn't spin 100% true, you do need to have that for good flight. But I've also never once had to spin an insert, but that's probably due to buying good components. Get good shafts, good inserts, square the shafts, use good broadheads, test on a spinner, etc. Personally I use a Brass HIT in a 5mm shaft, and have never had to worry about it. Epoxy them in and go...

For a compound, I’ve personally found better results spin testing my arrows and rotating the insert to get the best possible result. After I get the insert in, I fletch. I have not aligned any heads to vanes in a long time.

For trad, I don’t shoot well enough to get that detailed so I just glue it in and fletch so that my broadhead will be horizontal at full draw so I can aim

Zac

WKR
Due to arrow length your vanes will not ever draft off of your broadhead blades due to rotation time and the length between the two. You can lipstick tune the blades to enter the exact same space previously occupied by the broadhead blades. However this is not infinite and will change based on the yardage you perform such a test. So basically a huge waste of time. What I have found best for spinning is this. Purchase as many broadheads and shafts as possible. Then one at a time start matching heads to shafts through process of elimination. Try to get 6 that spin perfect.

OP
W

Wodez

FNG
Looks like insert tune wins
I wasn’t so concerned about the broadheads perfectly aligning the fletch, more concerned about the broad being in a consistent position. Sorry, I should have put more thought into this thread title. I have always done a 3 fletch with indicator fletch up and broadheads Horizontal.
I though the single bevel might steer the arrow differently if in a different position to the next arrow.
But if insert tune and nock tune are best I will go with that