Insole recommendations

TheCougar

WKR
Just got some Nevadas. They are really comfortable. I’m considering dropping in some insoles, and looking for recommendations. The boot feels fine as-is, but i have plantar fasciitis in my left foot, so I’m trying to be proactive about getting the best support possible. I have high arches, and I was able to try Superfeet Greens in the boot and they worked fine in the boot, both in terms of volume and arch. I also know the oranges are similar to the greens in terms of fit. Is there an overall consensus between orange and green for a hunting boot? Any similar insoles to the SF orange/green that you might recommend? Thanks folks.

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
Break em in before you switch the insole. Like 50 miles as broke in. I thought the same thing with my guides and they are on year 3 factory insole.

wapitibob

WKR
I've had most of them. Dr Scholes athletic are better than my Superfeet and Sole inserts, and Lathrop's are even better with a little less volume than the Scholes.

bjones926

Lil-Rokslider
For what it is worth - also have had plantar fasciitis as well as high arches that tend to collapse - ended up getting custom orthotics from the doctor. While waiting for the inserts to be made, the doctor had me use superfeet green.

TreyPound

FNG
I like the Sole brand. It comes in 4 different thicknesses of padding, from none to pretty thick. They are moldable.
I also have a pair of dynastep that seem pretty nice, but I'd prefer less padding. Perhaps they have another model. I haven't checked.

Do not run regular superfeet in them, green or otherwise. They will eat through your gortex lining in your boots. Take a look at your greens, the edges are hard and sharp. Superfeet makes a few models specifically for gortex waterproof boots, guides and trailblazers I believe, i’d stick with those if going superfeet.

klejeski

Lil-Rokslider
Check into protalus insoles
Very happy with them in my. Guides and summits. Way better than superfeet in my opinion.

LostArra

WKR
Plantar fasciitis? You might take a look at Heel the Pain insoles too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Do not run regular superfeet in them, green or otherwise. They will eat through your gortex lining in your boots. Take a look at your greens, the edges are hard and sharp. Superfeet makes a few models specifically for gortex waterproof boots, guides and trailblazers I believe, i’d stick with those if going superfeet.

Thank you, I never considered that!

ChrisAU

WKR

Yep I never thought of that until yesterday, ordered some guides to go in my UA boots yesterday.

jbid62

FNG
My orthopedic surgeon recommended Powerstep Pinnacle/Pinnacle Plus for my Plantar Fasciitis and Metatarsaglia. He didn't even try to sell me the custom orthotics. They have soft edges so they shouldn't hurt your goretex boots.

Pagashaw

FNG
I didnt like the orange superfeet because the hard plastic cut into the bottom of my arch. Used green ones in a different pair of boots and never had a problem. Not sure if the orange were narrower or just goes they fit in the 2 different boots.