Insoles for Crispi

jmcd22

WKR
I have a pair of Crispi Wyomings and absolutely love them but I feel that the insole that came with the boots isn't nearly as good. Has anyone replaced them with another insole? If so, which one? I have a pretty standard width to my feet and about a medium arch...if there is such a thing. I'm looking for something that is a little softer but still gives you arch support. Any suggestions? Thanks!

OP
J

jmcd22

WKR
Thanks! I was looking at some of the insoles Kuiu has on the website but was unsure of them. I'll have to check out the Lathrop and Sons insole.

Lots of good insoles out there, some like superfeet, some others. The one thing I've learned is regardless of how much you spend on a pair of boots, you still have to add aftermarket insoles.

crdmax

FNG
I put super feet insoles in my Nevada’s ...the orange ones and they are a lot better than the insoles that came with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPool1842

WKR
I ran superfeet trailblazer in crispi crossovers last year. They were good but I think I should have broken them in prior to my elk hunt. Boots were broken it, but insoles were new.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I tried multiple insoles before settling on Sole grey, medium versions. The Supereet caused me leg issues as it changed my gait and I got pains all over my left leg. Multiple other companies just let me down. The Sole product, which was recommended by my doctor at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC as an alternative to custom orthotics, have been great. I also run the red version which is stiffer and thicker in a pair of hiking boots and those have been good too. But the grey version just works best for me over long distances on brutal ground with all kinds of weight. I like that they are moldable too. Makes them instantly wearable in my opinion.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely recommend going into a true footwear specialty shop where they know what they're talking about concerning insoles. If they are really experts they'll have you try multiple insoles and take a look at your arch and talk you through how each insole feels. The most important thing is to try everything you can so that you can make an informed decision.

Jumpalot

FNG
I've tried about every insole including custom orthotics. I've settled on Sole Active Medium and the Active Thick. They are custom heat moldable and seem to support as well as my orthotics. I also like the Bootdoc insoles.

prm

WKR
The only ones I’ve tried are the Superfeet. I have the SF Green in my Crispi Guides and SF Guide on my Salomon Quest boots.