Insoles that support the front pad

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Ok I've tried, Dr soles, gellins, and walkheros, but I have consistently gotten sore on the front pad of my foot (possibly an ortho issue) I'd like to hear of any other guys out there have experienced this and what insoles they switched to.

I've looked at sheepfeet and superfeet but it doesn't appear to provide extra cushion on the front foot pad.

(Pad of the foot where the big toe joint connects)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

After a lot of research I pulled the trigger on some Lathrop and Sons Synergy footbeds. They came highly recommended. They aren't cheap but after many empty rabbit holes why not. I don't have a review on them yet but they are in the boots ready for archery season. May be worth a look for you.

seawolfxix

Lil-Rokslider
I’m seeing a podiatrist on Monday for some recent metatarsal head pain (just in time for hunting season), so I’ll be interested to see what everybody suggests here.

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
If you're having some forefoot pain issues, it could be related to your metatarsal arch not being supported. I have issues with my forefeet being sore and the ball of my foot feeling like i'm stepping on a rock. After a full season my metatarsal pads are so bruised up it hurts walk around barefoot. I have been dealing with this issue for a long time and could never figure out how to fix it. I've no joke bought just about every aftermarket insole that i could get my hands on. Nothing has worked better than buying a role of 1/4 inch adhesive felt and making my own custom pads. You can buy pre made pads for pretty cheap, but being able to tweak and play aorund with what works best and has been a game changer. It also works really well to create an arch support under your foot with factory insoles.

I have a large callus on ball of foot 2nd toe.
Tried many insoles. At TAC I ordered some from Sheepfeet. When Caleb took my impression of foot he made notes to scoop out that area. Received them last week, took 2 hikes couple miles each with 800-900 elevation gain each time. So far they are fantastic. Should have gotten these years ago.

OP
Bdjones

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
If you're having some forefoot pain issues, it could be related to your metatarsal arch not being supported. I have issues with my forefeet being sore and the ball of my foot feeling like i'm stepping on a rock. After a full season my metatarsal pads are so bruised up it hurts walk around barefoot. I have been dealing with this issue for a long time and could never figure out how to fix it. I've no joke bought just about every aftermarket insole that i could get my hands on. Nothing has worked better than buying a role of 1/4 inch adhesive felt and making my own custom pads. You can buy pre made pads for pretty cheap, but being able to tweak and play aorund with what works best and has been a game changer. It also works really well to create an arch support under your foot with factory insoles.
This was me last night walking around my house in nikes.

OP
Bdjones

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I've added some pads into my Amazon cart.

BBob

WKR
Footprint Gamchangers are the only ones I know of with an additional shock absorbing pad up front. I believe the Gamechanger is the only insole Footprint has with the front pad (the Gamechanger light definitely does not). They are mostly marketed to skateboarders and snowboarders. Heat mold-able foam.

EDIT: It looks like the Footprint Kingfoam insoles have a front pad as well.

Last edited:
Custom are 325.00,I’m out on that.
My podiatrist says I need this area cut out to relieve pressure on sesmoids,any body else deal with that or have suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 12