Insoles

Jotis

WKR
Wondering who has try both lathrop and sons and sheep feet insoles. Now I have the lathrop and sons. Are the sheep feet worth the money

fishslap

WKR
Wondering who has try both lathrop and sons and sheep feet insoles. Now I have the lathrop and sons. Are the sheep feet worth the money
How do you like the l&s? I took mine out and went back to sofsole athletes. No experience with sheep feet.

Squirrels

WKR
You are talking apples and oranges. Sheepfeet are custom orthodics made to fit YOUR feet.

OP
J

Jotis

WKR
I like my lathrop insoles, just wondering if the sheep feet are better

jmav58

WKR
How do you like the l&s? I took mine out and went back to sofsole athletes. No experience with sheep feet.
I also have the Sofsole Athlete insoles and like the heck out of them. I prefer them over the Superfeet insoles as well.

Brendan

WKR
This all depends on your feet...

You could go to a podiatrist and get a set of spenco's custom shimmed for your feet and gait. That's what I did, got three sets "custom" for me that were much more inexpensive than one set of something like SheepFeet.

Birddog1

FNG
I bought a set of the L&S but I’m not crazy about them. I had them custom cut but I don’t find them as comfortable as the Spenco insoles I use. But that‘s just me, you may love them.

muddydogs

WKR
If you truly need good orthotics I would say stop messing around with the mail order custom or semi custom stuff and go to your local orthotic maker. They will custom make what you need after checking your feet and watching you walk then be available for adjustments as your feet get used to them and your boots wear into them. I'm the long run it's way cheaper then dropping a few hundred here or there to try the mail order ones out.

My doctor just sent me to get a set made and they want 325.00,Innsurance does not cover.
I asked about the life span and they said 1 year of every day use.
Got to be a better option?

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
I have had both. The sheep feet works better for me. The issue I was having is slight tenderness/discomfort in the balls of my feet after about 3-4 miles of hiking. The L&S footbeds did nothing for that. My HSA covered the sheep feet they arrived 2 days before I was to leave for AZ for OTC archery, so I walked around the block to see how they felt, and since I have high arches they did feel weird and I wasn't sure that they would work so I brought my old in soles just in case. First day out I hiked about 5 miles and they only issues were my toes felt a little sore. The next day I lef them in and hiked some more - toes were fine and no more soreness in the balls of my feet, overall they feel great!

I've seen others mention super feet insoles. How do those compare to the others that have been mentioned in this thread?

I am prone to forming plantar fasciitis pretty easily. I wear orthotics in all my footwear. Superfeet and Form are relatively inexpensive and both do a good job at keeping my feet supported and comfortable. My hunting boots have Superfeet flex insoles for early season with a thinner sock and flex thin insoles in them for late season with a thicker sock. I've thought about the custom route as well but the $40 insoles do the job and I'm not sure if I'd see any advantage worth the $$$$ in the custom options. But it is always on my mind.