Insomnia

Thank you for all the replies. Tried Melatonin and it made me sound like Joe Biden the next day...effects my brain too much and I cannot afford to be "slow" with my work schedule. Varied the quantity but it always stuck with me the next day. That's out. I despise taking meds and fear addiction...that includes edibles. Accidentally ate an edible chocolate bar once...didn't know. You're supposed to eat one square but I ate the whole thing (ten squares) and thought i was gonna die. That's out. Will try the herbal thing but suspect the results will be negligible...I'm not a small guy. Mixing Ibuprofen and Benedryl and Tylenol doesn't sound great either. Trying to reduce the meds I consume, not add to em. Doc told me to back off some of my PT...thinks i might be pushing my body to hard and that may be a factor. I dunno...it's frustrating to be sure. If you are healthy and feel normal...appreciate it.

Eating 10x the recommended dose of a chocolate bar that was probably a pure THC And no CBD (since CBD has become more of a thing here in the last couple of years) would be like going on a sheep hunt in the NWT with no rain gear and a Walmart tent and saying you now don’t like hunting. You do you, but I think that’s about the silliest example of why to dismiss something I’ve ever heard.

Be careful with this stuff but I recommend it.
Stay off the drugs.
Dosing yourself to sleep with narcotics every night is no way to live for long.
5a8732bdcf9c2cee9cb96eeae92f6448.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I had a very serious ATV accident a number of years ago that cause me massive problems sleeping for several years. There are prescriptions your dr can prescribe you that are great for sleeping with zero side effects and no chance of addiction. After I recovered and got off sleeping meds I still had to find a new routine at night that I used to be able to relax and fall asleep on my own after a while. No caffeine after morning coffee and exercise all takes place in the morning, along with getting into a routine of being in bed at a certain time every night Is what worked for me

def90

WKR
If you drink caffeine at all you might want to give that up. I used to be a chronic insomniac, I would crash hard when I went to bed but would be wide awake at 3am with squirrels doing laps inside my head. I never felt like I got a good night of sleep and rarely if ever remembered any of my dreams. I was also a 1 a day morning Mtn Dew drinker and occasionally another soda at lunch. I quit drinking soda, juice and anything else with caffeine and sugar about 4 years ago and I no longer have insomnia and have vivid dreams every night.

Melatonin (not too high of a dose) and benadryl combined help me sleep better. Make sure to drink a lot of water if you go with benadryl. Shit dries you out. Chamomile tea is amazing too.

I do enjoy edibles for sleep though. When I have a hard time staying asleep I will eat about 5-10mg (half, or a whole square usually). And try to sleep before it kicks in. Then I sleep like a rock.

Marble

WKR
So I busted myself up pretty good 5 weeks ago on an ebike and my prescriptions for sleeping pills and pain killers are expired however, my daily PT (for sacroiliac damage) still leaves me with residual pain and i find myself unable sleep. I'm trying to ease the discomfort with Ibuprofen but the sleeping pills were key to a good night's sleep and those seemed to benefit me the most. A good night;s sleep seemed to greatly accelerate my recovery. Without em I am catching cat naps, no sustained slumber. Has anyone else been in this situation where you had to quit the meds to avoid addiction and find other ways of managing pain, stiffness and sleeplessness? Tried hot tubbing, pain creams, melatonin, magnesium...not helping. At 3am I wanna start start trying shots of tequila but know that's a bad idea. Open to any suggestions except warm milk.
I had a long illness and treatment for cancer in 2014. Didn't sleep for about 10 days (only brief naps) after returning from surgery. Got prescribed ambian and have been fine since. I don't wake up groggy and get a solid 6 to 7 hours each night. I take half of what is prescribed.

I've tried other other pills and they don't work as well for me.

Rokbar

WKR
I work 3rd shift. I've been taking ambien for 4-5 years now. Get home around 7:45am, take a half of one, and normally another half when I get up around noon to the bathroom. I'll get up from bed between 3-4 pm. I have room darkening shades and sleep with earplugs in. I know sleep is all in your head. I have kids in school and always worry about oversleeping to get them. When I work off on Friday mornings, I don't take an ambien. I normall set the clock for 12 noon and have to beat myself out of bed. I don't care what it takes, I'm going to get my rest. I learned years ago in the army that you will take sleep over food!

rayporter

WKR
ok i am going off on some of you guys and will get flamed some for it, but many have no comprehension
of a true insomniac. minor problems sleeping abound and it is not the same.

you need to go a month with a few minutes sleep a night before you begin to understand. then a year later still be in the same situation. you cant function, you can barley see and energy is nonexistent. after years of this you will get desperate.

OP
Where's Bruce?
Am attempting to ween off the sleeping pills by gradually reducing the dosage of the remaining pills. Seems logical...fingers crossed.

2ski

WKR
Thank you for all the replies. Tried Melatonin and it made me sound like Joe Biden the next day...effects my brain too much and I cannot afford to be "slow" with my work schedule. Varied the quantity but it always stuck with me the next day. That's out. I despise taking meds and fear addiction...that includes edibles. Accidentally ate an edible chocolate bar once...didn't know. You're supposed to eat one square but I ate the whole thing (ten squares) and thought i was gonna die. That's out. Will try the herbal thing but suspect the results will be negligible...I'm not a small guy. Mixing Ibuprofen and Benedryl and Tylenol doesn't sound great either. Trying to reduce the meds I consume, not add to em. Doc told me to back off some of my PT...thinks i might be pushing my body to hard and that may be a factor. I dunno...it's frustrating to be sure. If you are healthy and feel normal...appreciate it.
I would give edibles a second shot. I don't take them, but actually taking the right dose might make a huge difference. And you can cut up each of those squares into smaller pieces.

Or try CBD. Decide on if you want Full or broad spectrum or isolate. Isolate is only cbd. Broad has other canibinoids but not thc. Full has thc but a very tiny amount.

I personally don't like how CBD makes me feel. Like my body moves faster than my mind. But if I was needing something to sleep, maybe that would be a good thing. I work for a company that sells it in our stores so if you DM a picture of the labels of a product and I can help you out figuring out what it is. Most places you buy it don't know anything about it other than its CBD. Most places sell isolate. And I wouldn't use isolate unless you were really concerned about a piss test for work. In my market research, dispensaries were the places that knew the most about it. If there's a question I can't answer, I have a guy I can ask that works at a local CBD manufacturer. They have a sleeping pill that has CBD and a ton of hops in it. I want to say he said it was like a 6 pack of beer worth of hop extract or something. And hops apparently help with sleeping.

OP
Where's Bruce?
There are numerous reasons I would not consider this, past history aside...I could lose a lot by testing positive if ever required to take a drug test. Just not an option.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Take 3 Pro Som Sleep and 3 Lavela and you will sleep good. Supplements you can get off amazon produced by Integrative Therapeutics - only FDA approved supplement company in the U.S.

Opah

WKR
My Mother has serious back pain and sleep problems, what works for her is ZZZZZZs made by Nightquil .
Liquid, one cap does it for her most times. When her back hurts we use the lower back stick on heating pads and IBuprofen in combination

kda082

WKR
How beat up are you? Days I work out hard I fall asleep the second my head hits pillow and sleep like a baby.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I take some stuff called sleep and restore when I have trouble sleeping. If I need a guaranteed good night of sleep: couple of beers and a shot of NyQuil