Installing Spacers on Tikka T3X Factory Stock

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
Early this year I bought a TIkka T3X Veil Wildlands in .308. It was sort of an impulse buy, but I decided to set it up as a general purpose rifle. I installed a NightForce NX8 2.5-20x50 scope, and I run my SilencerCo Harvester 300 can on it. I also have a Gemtech Tracker in jail that I bought specifically for this rig. I have killed a couple of deer with the rifle this fall, including this doe I took Saturday evening 25 minutes after sunset at 184 yards. Load was a Barnes 168 grain TTSX over 41.3 grains of IMR 4895.

Doe Taken 11.20.21.jpg

The length of pull on the rifle is not too bad at 13 3/4" from the factory. I am a tall guy, and I really prefer about 14" or even 14.25" if I can get it. The need for a properly fitted stock is greater on heavier recoiling rigs, but it is always nice.

I read in another thread that Beretta sells a pre-fit stock spacer set for the T3X, so I tracked one down. It was ridiculously expensive for what it is. I got the set for $49 plus shipping from Midwest GunWorks. Here is what the kit looks like.

T3 spacers.jpeg

Installation was easy. I just removed the recoil pad using a Phillips screwdriver. It helps to lubricate the screwdriver slightly, so as not to damage the rubber. Here is the stock before the spacers.

t3x LOP before.jpeg

Here is what inside of the stock looks like with the pad off. There is not much to the stock really.

T3X Stock detail.jpeg

The kit comes with two mounting screws that are longer the factory ones. I used those to reinstall the pad with the two spacers. Each spacer is 1/8", so the two together add 1/4" to the LOP. It is not beautiful, but it seem solid, and the stock is pretty utilitarian anyway.

T3X LOP after.jpeg

I am satisfied that I got my money's worth. I'll get it to the range later this week and confirm. Thought I would post this in case it is useful to anyone else.

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks for this. I'm just starting the same process, and based on my measurements, I'm also thinking 14.25" would be ideal. (FWIW I'm about 6'2".) How did the additional 1/4" work for you?