Instead of Spring Bear Hunting...

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I traded my Spring Bear time for some fishing. Never thought Id do that but it sure has been fun!

Just got back from San Pedro, Belize. My brother got married but we all took the opportunity to get some casts in! We fly fished the flats, reef fished for Barracuda and fished offshore for Mahi Mahi and Tuna. What a great time.

First here is a video from our offshore trip

[video=youtube;M8TBBWGltWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8TBBWGltWM[/video]

Our Guide for Bonefish

First Bone on the fly

Another Bone

Step dad with a his first bone

Barracuda

We ate fresh caught fish every night we were there. Pretty sure this fishing thing is growing on me...

Last edited:

PNWGATOR

WKR
Saltwater fly fishing is beyond addicting. Beyond.... Belize is good fun too. Great food. Amazing reefs. Opportunity for a grand slam. Congratulations!

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saltwater fly fishing is beyond addicting. Beyond.... Belize is good fun too. Great food. Amazing reefs. Opportunity for a grand slam. Congratulations!
Yes I would agree it's addicting!! And yes Belize is awesome. That was my second time going, my parents 4th. Unfortunately it's becoming a little too touristy for me though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7mag.

WKR
For me, it's hard to beat tuna fishing. My little brother always says "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on!"

Looks like a great trip, definitely better weather than you missed here.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me, it's hard to beat tuna fishing. My little brother always says "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on!"

Looks like a great trip, definitely better weather than you missed here.
This rain we are having sucks ass!!!

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried to watch some of the video but that mate had his hand on the line way too much for it to be enjoyable for me!!!!
Haha, ya we told him that we can reel the fish in no problem but he insisted on it because the day before they were out just the guides fishing and they lost every hook up to a shark.

My apologies for not providing an enjoyable film for ya! ;-)