Insulated bibs for Ole Man- Sitka Fanatic Vs Sanctuary 2.0

Lind9555

FNG
The ole man tore his pair insulated bibs out hunting this year. He's notoriously tough to Christmas shop for so the second he mentioned it a gift idea bell rang.....
He hunts whitetail firearm season in both northern MN and Central Wisconsin... So it gets cold... And he'll often sit in a tree stand for a 4-5 hour period. If it's a long walk he'll pack the bibs in but for most of our walks there fairly easy (a couple field lengths and your in the woods). So he'll wear his bibs but leave them opened up. We do pass some thorny wood edges and bryers so durability is a factor.

I've been looking at the sitka fabrics bib and the first lite sanctuary 2.0.
I know this question has been asked before but haven't seen alot of discussion on the sanctuary 2.0.
Curious On input from those who have the 2.0?
I've read of durability concerns on the original... Thoughts now?

Also curious to hear, how do the newer fanatics hold up to wind?
Also open to input on other options?

i have the 2.0 and was surprised by the wind-blocking ability. I havent had any issues with the durability, either. They are a bit tight around the waist so i had to size up, but was pleased with the wind-blocking properties.

I also have the older fanatic but did not wear it this season as I was wearing the Sanc 2.0. Cant say much about the newer version.

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I have the new Fanatic bib and it is very warm and durable. The Sanctuary might be just as warm if not more but I think the Fanatic is a little more durable.

I needed more warmth than my stratus set a couple of years back. I was on the fence between fanatic and solitude. at the end of the day, the solitude seemed a little more versatile. I have used mine for ducks, predators and deer Stand / blinds. I think the addition of wind blocker (I have the originals) would have sealed the deal for me.

Is the 2.0 more waterproof than the fanatic?

Neither are waterproof, but the fanatic is a fleece and gets heavy when its wet. I havent sat in downpour to be able to ttell you. If i had to guess, the 2.0 is more water resistant.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Sanctuary 2.0 will be warmer but not quite as durable as Fanatic bibs. Both are great bibs but if I am standhunting in temps under 20* I’m wearing the 2.0.