Insulated Boots?

I don’t want to beat a dead horse but, hunting turkeys opening day in a foot of snow here in Idaho has got me thinking I may need some insulated boots. I hunt some Zamberlan non insulted boots currently. I usually layer with wool socks but when I do the toe box gets narrow and makes my toes even colder since I cant move them. Im planning to hunt October elk and deer this year, last year I hunted archery elk. I’m debating adding some insulted boots for late season. Should I get insulated boots or sell my current boots and buy a pair of non-insulated a half size bigger and get bigger socks?

I saw these on sale for $275 with a coupon code which is tempting me, I’m just not sure how much use they’ll get, hunting in October.

ognennyy

FNG
Judging by the spec sheet on your link those boots only have 500g of insulation. I use the Lowa Tibet GTX insulated boots that have 400g of insulation. I wear mine the whole season (Oct 1 - end of December) without issues with overheating issues. I would imagine the two boots are comparable as far as warmth rating.

I also have the Lowa Tibet GTX Hi uninsulated. There is a huge difference between the two and it's very pronounced when the temperatures get below 40F.

I will say that I do NOT wear those insulated boots for spring scouting turned into oh-s%$t-i-procrastinated-so-now-it's-July scouting. So if you buy the insulated version do not sell the uninsulated; keep them for warm weather.