Insulated mountaineering boot

I have been wearing Lowa Mountain Expert GTX EVO the last few years while mule deer hunting the rough stuff. They are insulated with 200 grams of Primaloft. Great good so far.

I ordered up a set of Mont Blancs. Hopefully they will fit the bill for an insulated boot for the late fall hunts

nphunter

WKR
I would also recommend Mont Blancs for a winter mountaineering boot. However they aren't going to be like an insulated version of the Crispi Nevada, Crispi does not make a mountaineering boot or a single boot that even compares to the mont blanc or grand dru as far as stiffness. The Nevada is closer to the stiffness of my brooks tennis shoes than to my grand dru's or the Mont Blancs.

I love hunting in mountaineering boots and have hundreds of miles in my grand dru's, I sold my Mont Blancs but wouldn't hesitate to buy another set for an insulated hunting boot.

I would also recommend trying on several sets and don't get stuck on the size, get what fits. My Scarpas are 1.5 US sizes bigger than what I wear in Crispi.