Insulated rubber boots.

Pro953

WKR
Not the usual boot thread, but figured some of the east coast hunters may have input. I use rubber deck boots for Crabbing and at the range when it’s muddy during the winter. But damn if they are not cold. It sucks the heat right out of my feet.

Any recommendations for a rubber type boot that is durable but also a bit more insulated than the standard industrial style or fishing deck boot? The hot hands toe warmers just do not cut it!

Thanks,
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pro953

WKR
Thanks, I will check both of those out. I was a little worried about the swamp foot situation I guess it’s the challenge of finding the happy medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Baffin Titan would be worth a look.

I've used Lacrosse forever, but been hearing people say quality isn't what they used to be and newer ones aren't lasting.

peterk123

WKR
I use Cabelas 400 grams whenever I am in the tree, even if it is 18 degrees. I bought them one size larger so I can use two layers of socks. First layer can be dress socks. Second layer is a heavy hunting wool sock. It not the warmest by any means but it does the job as long as I can wiggle my toes. The nice thing is that I do not sweat as much when I am walking in and out of the stand. I am not a fan of heavily insulated boots. My use of them would be extremely limited and I think they are very heavy. Pete

Erict

WKR
Muck boots are my favorite. They have a good fit around the ankle, are warm and well made. Like most insulated "rubber" boots, they are heavy. I use them mostly for long "sits" on late season deer hunts or when I'm out coyote hunting.

Kotaman

WKR
I have 3 pair of LaCrosse Alpha Burly’s to cover all but the coldest teMPs. Uninsulated, 800’s and 1600’s. Wear the heck out of all of them depending on conditions.

HoneyDew

WKR

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve heard they’ve moved to made in China and the quality has taken a noticeable hit. Have you heard anything either way?
People say that, and maybe it's true. But I wear the un-insulated version almost daily and I've had my first pair for 5 years now and still going strong. They did develop a small crack at the back of the ankle where it flexes when you walk at about year 3. I put some aquaseal on it without any further issues. I can't compare to the made in USA version as they move production before I moved to AK and started wearing them. But for me, 5 years out of rubber boots is pretty good.

Alpha Burly Pro fan here as well. I have the 800 gram pair and they have done well through NOV here in Wisconsin. If you plan on late season, the 1600 gram version is worth a look.