Intention of rokslide?

Hardstalk

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
1,094
Dont shun me if i have missed a thread somewhere that states this already. Im curious if you( rokslide)plan to be a website only or if there are soon to come tv shows and magazines in the works? Alot of big names and alot of writing talent but i have not seen or heard of what the plans are with it all.
 
OP
Hardstalk

Hardstalk

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
1,094
Same thing we do everyday brain..... Try to take over the world.
 

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
3,077
Location
Roseville, CA.
I am not affiliated with RokSlide, but like most new business ventures, you should start small to get a feel for the market. I wouldn't be surprised if DVD's were somewhere in the future. TV shows are a huge undertaking and most sponsors want the kill shot on every episode, so that means a lot of time and commitment on backcountry hunts.

For now RokSlide seems to be a website with good information for the backcountry hunter and a solid forum for people to share information on many topics related to backcountry hunting.

RokSlide I would consider in the infancy stage and as they grow the more they could do if they choose to.
 

sreekers

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
1,254
Location
Wyoming
They have talked about an E-zine subscription as well. I would subscribe, but the major push has been to increase membership. Can't put out more media until there is a very viable base that would be willing to follow it.
 

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
6,156
Once we get a solid member base, we will have some type of E-mag. After that who knows.
David and Aron saw a need for a purely backcountry site!
 

Above Timber

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2012
Messages
175
Location
Colorado Springs
This is a great site and I have found some really good information on here. I would like to see some videos, I need the off season entertainment, as the company gets bigger. It would be cool to have the first video cover the Mule Deer Project from gear selection to preparation to the hunt. Just my two cents and maybe David has this in the works already. I would be cool to have Rokslide draw one or two members to document their backcountry adventures someday. I would by a true backcountry hunting video whether there is a kill shot or not.
 

cmeier117

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
1,552
Location
Salem, OR
I think it would be cool to just throw together some cheap little video from scouting trips and hunts. If they go to TV than sponsors and companies want your soul. Do you ever here of Kifaru on these outdoor life channels? So they would have to be sponsored by other brands that are cheaper and not as good. They should do a self filmed hunt video. Heck Aron kills enough animals he is bound to get one on film with his Go-Pro camera strapped to his chest. Haha!!
 

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
3,077
Location
Roseville, CA.
Don't get me wrong, I think videos of backcountry hunting would be good without kill shots also, but hunting industry sponsors don't. Just seeing the country, the animals, how people set up their camps or bivies, their food, all of that would be cool to see. I bet we could all learn something watching others as it isn't much different than talking about in forums.
 

sneek-ee

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
292
Location
Utah
Pure Elevation's DVD Ninety Percent is awesome. Great portrayal of how it really is. Hopefully their new one is just as good if not better!
These types of movies are much better than the kill shots and getting caught up in killing instead of hunting and what each of us goes through!
 

TJ

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
637
Location
N.E Oregon
It would be nice to see Rokslide do something like On Foot Films and Born and Raised have done.

Don't get me wrong, I think videos of backcountry hunting would be good without kill shots also, but hunting industry sponsors don't. Just seeing the country, the animals, how people set up their camps or bivies, their food, all of that would be cool to see. I bet we could all learn something watching others as it isn't much different than talking about in forums.

+1 on all the above.

For me it's the adventure, challenge, success, failure, preperation, life!!!
 

rfurman24

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
1,707
Kill shots are over rated. I am tired of watching the same old thing in hunting shows. I can only take so many boring tree stand whitetail hunts. I love On Your Own Adventures and feel there is room for more shows like it.
 

Brandon Pattison

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
2,829
Location
Michigan
The body of this forum is made of great guys and gals that aren't arrogant and I would think that a video would be of no less quality. Killshots are a part of hunting. If you like more emphasis on the animal check out the video Primal Dreams.
 

rfurman24

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
1,707
Don't get me wrong. I love seeing the deal come together with a kill shot but it is not the only part of hunting I enjoy. I feel most hunters would agree. I really enjoy the experience all the forum members share and a hunting show centered around this principle would be awesome. I live in Kansas and have just recently started heading out west for big game hunting. The information regarding back country hunting on this forum is very helpful to me as I try to learn about hunting the west.
 

JNDEER

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
1,061
Pure Elevation's DVD Ninety Percent is awesome. Great portrayal of how it really is. Hopefully their new one is just as good if not better!
These types of movies are much better than the kill shots and getting caught up in killing instead of hunting and what each of us goes through!

Hope you got yours ordered. Got the email today!

If I had to pick any form of hunting DVD it would be the 90% hands down. The kill shot is 10% of the total hunt and Pure Elevation's DVD catches the other 90% and the 10% perfectly. I really am looking forward to this new DVD.
 

lastcall

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
142
Location
Alaska
Hope you got yours ordered. Got the email today!

If I had to pick any form of hunting DVD it would be the 90% hands down. The kill shot is 10% of the total hunt and Pure Elevation's DVD catches the other 90% and the 10% perfectly. I really am looking forward to this new DVD.

JNDEER
I just ordered both Pure Elevation DVDs today, the new video looks sweet as well.
 

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
791
Location
Rapid City, SD
Rokslide......merely an informational website foe the hardcore backcountry hunter or those who want to get into it and are looking for the information they are in search of. There is numerous other sections in the forum that apply to more than just backcountry as well making it a more rounded site. Being able to read articles from the Rokslide staff without having to pay for them is a big plus as well! What the future will hold? Time will tell!
 
Top