Interested in a hybrid longbow

Hybrid longbows combined the best of both worlds. A good one will all but remove the hand shock associated with conventional longbows, but be lighter and more forgiving than a recurve.

Everyone you ask will have their favorite. Best thing to do is try as many as you can and pick the one you like. Events like the Kalamazoo MI trad. rendezvous are great for this.

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
So a little update on this topic. I shot a few hybrids out there and they all shot well (as good as a non-tuned setup can go). Per the recommendations of @A.Hutch Mr. and Mrs Dwyer of Dwyer longbows live about two hours south of me so a buddy and I took a drive down to meet them and test 3 of their 4 models. I shot the Dauntless, Defiant and the Endeavor. I believe they are 64”, 62” and 58” respectively. I kept making my way back to the 58” Endeavor as I’ve been shooting a 58” PSA for the last couple years and like a short bow despite my 28.5-29” draw. The draw is smooth as silk and spits the arrows out with authority.
By the time we were done sharing hunting stories and looking over his harvest pics, I was opening the wallet to hand him a down payment. There’s just something about being able to get to know the bowyer who’s making your bow that gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Needless to say I’m a bit pumped to get one of these in my hands. They’re also incredibly quiet once you get the brace height figured out. Far more quiet than any of my recurves.

On a stroke of luck, a couple weeks ago I stumbled upon an Endeavor for sale used online and snatched it up for $400 with a brand new great northern quiver. It’s a bit light at 43#, but I got it for my wife to shoot and now I’ll have a good option for late season Whitetails or turkey season! 🤫 Don't tell her that though...

Thanks again everyone for your recommendations.

In the process of all this, I also started a new hobby.... I’ll probably start a thread in the DIY section if anyone is interested in the process.

Attachments

• B625ACC8-C31E-4F05-A64D-4D9B699BDD06.jpeg
    B625ACC8-C31E-4F05-A64D-4D9B699BDD06.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 98EE79FD-3A15-477A-AA0E-4BBB1E9DED5E.jpeg
    98EE79FD-3A15-477A-AA0E-4BBB1E9DED5E.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 19

LostArra

WKR
Good choice on the Endeavor
I'm glad to hear Dave is taking orders again. He was getting backed up for a while.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk