Interesting finding - Arrow Builds

OP
wildernessmaster

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I’m getting setup for elk and have read good reviews on them at longer ranges 50-60 yds. I’m also looking at wasp drone both in the 125. Thanks for the info and best wishes.
Your welcome...

Keep those Exodus'es in play. Great broadheads and I love when I even thought they weren't razor sharp it took less than 5 min to pop in new blades.

Marble

WKR
I've done probably 12 dozen axis arrows and I've never had the issue with threading.

The reason why easton wants you to use the epoxy is hot melt will not hold inserts in as well as the epoxy and if you shoot a lot, you will pull your arrow out of the target and the tips will stay in. But to each their own.

Lots of guys discovered this and couldn't figure out why until eaaton let them know.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I am moving to a single bevel, but man let me tell you I may also keep my exodus'es... Those puppies shot through 3 deer this year and kept going like bats out of hell!! All 3 deer were dead within 40 yards. In one case the deer jumped the string really hard and the arrow went in in front of the left rear ham and came out in front of the right front shoulder. So the arrow flew nearly longitudinally through the deer and kept going. I never found it.
Why move to a single bevel when you're getting major penetration overkill already? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the concept of a single bevel for rotation in flesh (and potential sharpening ease), but most SB heads are very narrow two blades, with less potential for blood on the ground.

OP
wildernessmaster

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Why move to a single bevel when you're getting major penetration overkill already? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the concept of a single bevel for rotation in flesh (and potential sharpening ease), but most SB heads are very narrow two blades, with less potential for blood on the ground.
I may move to both the Exodus and SB. So far I have killed the small bodied deer we have here in NC and in fact after the second one I questioned why I was even using the Exodus. I think I could have shot the arrow shaft through them - literally the second arrow I watched go through and to my eye it didn't seem to slow down as it flew off into the woods.

I actually started rethinking my heavy arrow, single bevel thought process - and considered sticking with my 340 Vaps and switching to mechanicals - if for no other reason than to maybe only loose half my arrows!!

I may still keep that config with my Diamond SB Deploy - if I can figure out my peep sight hell.

The reason I am moving at least in part to a single bevel with my two bows I am building for next year is I want to go after some more "dense game" species like hog, (maybe) bear and definitely elk. That aside, the Exodus'es other than if I hit some bone should work fine on even those - but just in case I do hit some bone, I wanna bag the game. The single bevels I am going to use are not very narrow thing blades. They are the same cutting width (or slightly larger) than an Exodus and are solid metal.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Smart man! I’m so surprised we don’t hear more and more about this with so many companies shortening the the ferrule shank and threads to move weight around. I’ve got a 4 blade solid machined head here that only goes in 1.5 revolutions on standard inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or, instead of posting up nonsense and recommending everyone switch to glue on heads, you can measure the shank length of your favorite broadheads and adjust your HIT seating depth accordingly and go about your business.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dkime

WKR
Or, instead of posting up nonsense and recommending everyone switch to glue on heads, you can measure the shank length of your favorite broadheads and adjust your HIT seating depth accordingly and go about your business.

Come again? Glue in heads?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Come again? Glue in heads?

That wasn't directed at you, or wildernessmaster, although he is a certified idiot in his own right, that was directed at the guy you had quoted about the HIT insert shank length. My bad.