Interesting mule deer documentary

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider

WKR
I almost created this thread. Because I have significant problems with almost every single part of this show except the cinematography.

Almost every single rule of working with wildlife was violated here. I got so angry watching this we had to turn it off.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
W

WyoElk

WKR
I almost created this thread. Because I have significant problems with almost every single part of this show except the cinematography.

Almost every single rule of working with wildlife was violated here. I got so angry watching this we had to turn it off.

Yea, I chose the word "interesting" because it seemed pretty odd to me. I know people that choose to do stuff like this are a strange bunch.

WKR
Hand feeding deer, what could go wrong?

Just for starters...

Gumbo

WKR
I thought the show was fascinating. Almost made me quit mule deer hunting. OK, I didn't even consider quitting hunting deer but I didn't have any problems with the documentary either. I guess I don't see the issue with someone developing a relationship with wild animals. This is such a rare occurrence that I wouldn't expect any population level effects, but then again I don't recall the specifics of the hand-feeding part either. I guess if I have the right to kill a deer within the confines of the law, he should have the right to develop a "friendship" with them within the confines of the law. Also, state-sponsored feeding of wildlife already occurs in Wyoming, not that I necessarily agree with it from a biological perspective.

Maybe part of the problem some hunters have with the show is that it can be somewhat condemning to see animals portrayed in a more anthropomorphic way.

dotman

WKR
Yeah I saw this as well, only problem I have is these are wild animals not pets and should not become habituated by humans.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
I saw this on PBS the other night. It was interesting, but lots of parts I wasn't a fan of.