International Sportsmen’s Expo - Denver

Sherman

WKR
Who’s going? I will be heading there Friday around 11am. Kind of excited.

wyosteve

WKR
Didn't realize they changed it from January to now. Haven't been there for a few years, but it was always a good show.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
Warning!!! This years expo is a bust. Not exaggerating, it is 75% outfitters and the 25% retailers are meh. Kuiu has a small set up. Fly tying demonstration is cool. $5.50 for a bottle of water. I did buy enough Jamaican Jerk seasoning to season 80lbs of meat at a reasonable price. Bought it from a real Jamaican and everything.

JDB9818

WKR
I was going to go this year, but the thought of going into downtown Denver and having to try and find parking and deal with all the other unpleasantries of that city made me wave off.

Sounds like I didn’t miss much.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
I did a little research beforehand and got around the parking debacle by going to the 41st & Fox RTD Park and Ride then hopping on the train to Dowtowm Union Station, then the free mall ride to Stout. It was $10 for everything instead of dealing with downtown and paying at least $25 for parking.

wyosteve

WKR
Last time I went, I parked in a lot near the Rockies field and they had a free shuttle bus take us to the convention center. Fairly convenient.

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Just got back, we should've heeded Sherman's warning, it was basically worthless. Missing at least 2 full rows of exhibitors and as the Sherman said, the vast majority were outfitters.

def90

WKR
Warning!!! This years expo is a bust. Not exaggerating, it is 75% outfitters and the 25% retailers are meh. Kuiu has a small set up. Fly tying demonstration is cool. $5.50 for a bottle of water. I did buy enough Jamaican Jerk seasoning to season 80lbs of meat at a reasonable price. Bought it from a real Jamaican and everything.

That’s about how it was the last year it ran before the covid closures. Great place to meet outfitters but bad if you actually want to look at gear.