Interpretting First Lite's Logo

Gznokes

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, really random question here. Can anyone explain what First Lite's logo is supposed to be? For a while I thought, "What is this XD brand?" I asked a couple guys in the breakroom today and they said they didn't know either but one of them thought maybe it was supposed to be a mountain peak with the sun peaking around it at first light. I know lots of brands have logos that don't refer to the name of the company (ie Nike and the swoosh) but I thought I'd ask anyway.

ChrisAU

WKR
No one knows what it means

But it's provocative

GrouchyFoolhardyFly-size_restricted.gif

Bsilber5

FNG
I love FL clothing and have a fairly extensive kit myself but I have recently noticed that the damn thing sticks out on everything. Not that it impacts concealment/hunting but with so many social media guys affiliated with meateater/first lite that are now rocking full kits I can't help but notice all the logo's everywhere - looking like walking billboards.

Mt Al

WKR
I love FL clothing and have a fairly extensive kit myself but I have recently noticed that the damn thing sticks out on everything. Not that it impacts concealment/hunting but with so many social media guys affiliated with meateater/first lite that are now rocking full kits I can't help but notice all the logo's everywhere - looking like walking billboards.

Never bought any, heard good things but the whole in your face logo/billboard crap....aaaahhhhh! I'm going to get counselling, it's not them, it me. It's not enough to buy the gear, got to pimp it for them too. Eddie Bauer's First Ascent thigh logo thing on their pants take the cake. I'm way off topic, need to go to my safe place. Can't interpret the logo.

Bsilber5

FNG
haha, glad i'm not the only one. I only came across this thread because i googled about the overbranding of the FL logo after watching too many youtube channels and meat eater episodes. Wanted to see if I was the only one. Prob my fault for reading so much into the gear that every time I watch a hunting video I'm noticing and naming all the damn pieces in the kit. In their defense I guess it's working as intended.

All that being said I couldn't speak more highly of the pieces I've bought so far: aerwool top and bottom, furnace top and bottom, obsidian and corrugate guide pants, socks, headgear, and solitude bibs.

I sweat my ass off easily which didn't mix well with public land hunting, walks to the stand over a mile long, and a mixed bag of handed down clothing and random huntin/snowboard gear. This is my first season in all FL and the first time I've either stayed dry walking to the stand or have had the clothes dry out insanely quick and have stayed warm in some pretty shitty and variable weather as result.

Mt Al

WKR
It's a poor logo

I agree, except the sales dudes are rubbing their hands together telling the top brass that "they're talking about us: that's the definition of a good logo! Please don't fire me."

My 2 cents: tone the logo over pimping way, way down. Gotta get me some FL gear though, have good friends working for growing conglomerate and they have great things to say. I'll be sure to recommend just going whole hog: plaster that undefinable logo all over the gear and get over it.

Yeah I've always thought it looked like XD. Took me a long time to finally figure its probably supposed to be some abstract sun behind a mountain. Agree with the overbranding all over the gear - I'm a little more subtle than that. Especially now that they have their exclusive camo patterns, everyone knows it's FL - no need for the bright orange logos everywhere.